Help the Indecisive! AKL or YC or AOA

ambolejack

Earning My Ears
We (DH, DD, DS and myself) are heading to Disney the 1st week in December. We have decided to add on a couple extra days at the beginning of the trip. Therefore, we are landing late Thursday night (10:30pm) and taking Magical Express. Friday will be a resort day with no parks planned. Saturday morning we will be checking out then heading over to Epcot for the day then head to our new resort (SSR).

I am trying to decide between 3 resorts for this leg Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club or AOA.

· AKL – We have never stayed here. The kids and DH love the idea of staying on Savanna and exploring the resort. The one down fall is that Uzima Pool will be closed while we are there. I realize that the weather may be unpredictable for swimming, but since we are from Colorado, I am sure we will get some swimming in. How big of a hassle is it to walk/ride over to Kidani and use their pool?

· Yacht Club – We have stayed here a couple of times before and love it. The kids love the pool and the proximity to Epcot. Since heading to Epcot on Saturday, I think this would be convenient to walk over there for our breakfast ADR at Akerhaus (9:30a).

· AOA – We have never stayed here before but is on the bucket list. We are looking at a Cars Suite. I don’t think I have anything negative except that it is a value resort versus a deluxe.

Oh the decisions! What would you do?

AKL – We have never stayed here. The kids and DH love the idea of staying on Savanna and exploring the resort. The one down fall is that Uzima Pool will be closed while we are there. I realize that the weather may be unpredictable for swimming, but since we are from Colorado, I am sure we will get some swimming in. How big of a hassle is it to walk/ride over to Kidani and use their pool?
AKL is a beautiful resort but going to Kidani to swim would be very inconvenient. They are two separate buildings.
YC would be convenient and the pool is always great.

Last edited:
With the kids -AOA would be absolutely fantastic. AKL is amazing, but if swimming is in the plans, just know that the pool at Kidani is quite a hastle to get to.

We (DH, DD, DS and myself) are heading to Disney the 1st week in December. We have decided to add on a couple extra days at the beginning of the trip. Therefore, we are landing late Thursday night (10:30pm) and taking Magical Express. Friday will be a resort day with no parks planned. Saturday morning we will be checking out then heading over to Epcot for the day then head to our new resort (SSR).

I am trying to decide between 3 resorts for this leg Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club or AOA.

· AKL – We have never stayed here. The kids and DH love the idea of staying on Savanna and exploring the resort. The one down fall is that Uzima Pool will be closed while we are there. I realize that the weather may be unpredictable for swimming, but since we are from Colorado, I am sure we will get some swimming in. How big of a hassle is it to walk/ride over to Kidani and use their pool?

· Yacht Club – We have stayed here a couple of times before and love it. The kids love the pool and the proximity to Epcot. Since heading to Epcot on Saturday, I think this would be convenient to walk over there for our breakfast ADR at Akerhaus (9:30a).

· AOA – We have never stayed here before but is on the bucket list. We are looking at a Cars Suite. I don’t think I have anything negative except that it is a value resort versus a deluxe.

Oh the decisions! What would you do?

YC. Fabulous resort, great pool, super convenient for your plans on Saturday.

My second choice would be AKL. It's gorgeous, has great restaurants and would be a new experience for you. Getting to Kidani from Jambo is easy - simply walk or take the internal shuttle.

Last choice would be AoA. It's an overrated value resort and if it's too cold to swim, you're stuck at a value resort. The food court is chaotic and the rooms are loud and uncomfortable.

YC here too. Sounds like it works well with your plans. You can't beat the easy access to Epcot and HS. The pool can't be beat for a good time. It's also so beautiful at Christmas time.

AoA- If you go from the YC or the AKL to SSR you might get disappointed. So I would do AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter