• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help - there's suddenly 5 of us

DaddythePooh

Earning My Ears
Hi all
Been going to Disneyworld/Disneyland forever (at last count I've now officially spent nearly 300 days of my life wandering those wonderful parks). Now, though, with 3 kids, 12. 7 and 5, my days of booking a standard room and squashing the little guy into a crib are clearly over. Things have suddenly gotten a lot more complicated. We're all tentatively planning to visit Disney again in late October '03 - and I, of course want the impossible.
Here's where I start whining like a baby -
1) I'd always VASTLY prefer to stay either at one of the monorail resorts OR Wilderness Lodge.
2) I DON'T wanna have to book two rooms, or some fabulous suite that's gonna cost 600 - 800 dollars per night.

Is there ANY hope? PV? GF? WL? Loophole? Discount? Last year we squished into a CR wing-standard that was actually pretty nice, but I think there may be an age restriction on the "littlest kid" allowable.

Surely there's SOMEBODY out there who's as kid-loaded as me and who's found a way to have their cake and eat it too.

ANY and ALL tips will be greatly appreciated - CK

You don't have a problem, all the rooms at the Polynesian are large, with two queens and a comfortable day bed that will easily accomodate one of the kids.

Anne

I agree, you do have a lot of options. As mentioned, the Polynesian. You would not need to get 2 rooms so this would work out very well.

A deluxe room (aka junior suite) at WL sleeps 6. Occasionally, you can get a DC or AAA discount on a deluxe room at WL. I was offered one for October.

Some rooms at the contemporary sleep more than 4-the deluxe room does and the price is not that bad.

Good luck.

The standard rooms at the CR are among the largest on site. Both the tower and garden wing rooms run about 420 sq.ft. Both standard rooms have 2 queen beds and a twin size daybed. Your family should fit very comfortable in any of the monorail resort standard rooms.:D

I am not sure about the cost, but what about a 2 bedroom villa at the Villas at Wilderness lodge? That would give you plenty of room to spread out?

As a family of 5, we have stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins, AKL (bunk beds, double and daybed) and Contempory (2 queens and a daybed). My youngest son was 12, and fit in the daybed just fine.

We stayed at CR on our last trip, those rooms are made for 5 people. Our kids were 11, 9 and 7 at the time. We had plenty of room. You can get the wing rooms for $200 or under with a discount code. Check for AP rates, we are looking at the BC for our next trip. I'm hoping for a super rate under $200. How about the Swan/Dolphin?

We are a family of 5 and enjoy the Dolphin. It has a great price for a deluxe is in a great location and the rooms are comfortable. We usually aren't in the room that much it is the location that makes it enjoyable. 5 is alive.:bounce:

We stayed in one of the Garden wings at the CR, and there was plenty of room for the 5 of us. I think my kids were 8, 12 and 15 at the time. If I remember correctly, they had a sink outside the bathroom, which I find very convenient.

we are also a family of 5.we have stayed at the dolphin,fort wilderness cabins (many times) beach club 2 queens and daybed
the swan (priceline bid for 2 rooms) the wyndham @ downtown disney (priceline smaller room but the kids were smaller then too!)
and the polynesian concierge a few times. the poly worked out very well my 16 year old and 12 yr old would go to the lounge snack watch tv go to the gc house so it wasnt like we were all 5 on top of eachother all week

We bought DVC!! You can also be accomodated at PORiverside, they have a trundle bed, but I know you want to stay closer. Look over at the DVC rent board and maybe you can rent some points to stay at the VWL, they are gorgeous!!

Good luck.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter