Help!! They leave in a few hours!!! Electric Scooter over electric scooter

mackymaddyconnorsmom

Mouseketeer
My friends husband was renting a scooter. They just called today(the company) and said that the scooter was broken, that they would give them a electric wheelchair instead. Are the electric wheelchairs, easy to use. She is thinking of calling another company. They dont know what to do

Swittch compamies. power wc are ALOT harder to drive if you have never driven one before. He will be running into alot of people if he doesn't.

Electric wheelchairs take getting used to...it took me two weeks to master mine when I switched from a scooter. It's like learning to drive :)

Christamae

Oh, yes. I agree with the others.
Power wheelchairs LOOK easy to drive, but you are controlling the speed and the direction with a joystick. That is MUCH more difficult to do.

Most people can practice for a few minutes with a scooter and feel fairly comfortable.
Most people take weeks or even months of driving a power wheelchair before they feel completely comfortable.

Switch to a different company. A power chair is much different than a scooter and much harder to use. Also it is supposed to be customized for thue user.

Related to this, just wondering what company is doing this. Is it one of the companies we suggest using in the "disABILITIES FAQ" or a different company?

With the comment of " the scooter is broke" how many do they have? ONE??
Sounds like a company that should be steared clear from.
It almost sounds like this post.
Sometimes you really wonder how some of the offsite resorts and smaller DME companies operate and give each other kick backs in exchange for pushing people toward the other when they dont understand what is going on.
People really need to check things out, ask questions here and use the companies that are in the FAQ just because they have a long track record that is high above the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter