• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help: Tipping Housekeeping

Dopey13

Disney Nut for Life
Help?

Last year my girlfriend and I went to Disney and we stayed at the Port Orleans and we brought some printed envelopes that had a disney logo printed on it and it said " Thank you Mousekeeping ". It also said it in spanish. We would tip the Mousekeeper each morning for cleaning our room. We found a link on one of these forums and it had a bunch of pictures you could print up and use on the envelope. I am wondering if anyone knows the website?

Thank you,

Dopey 13

Wilderness Lodge May 2002 - Honeymoon
Port Orleans - May 2001

Thank you for your help. I booked marked the page for future reference.

Dopey 13

we always tip at the end of our trip for maid service

should this be done on a daily basis or weekly

Bob: My DW & I leave a tip daily because mousekeeping staff can change. The person who cleans the room at the end of the stay may not be the person who did it during your stay.

When we leave, we usually leave a larger tip, because there's usually more cleaning to be done to ready the room for the next guest.

I know that that tipping has become the new fad these days but I have ben to disney somewhere around 13 times now and I have never tiped a mousekeepers. The only time I have ever left a tip is on cruises where they give you envelopes. Where do you even put the money to give to them?

We didnt leave tips every day, but we usually left a dollar each when we did, and always left some money when we had a special request and they fulfilled it.

I usually leave the tip in an envelope on the vanity. Others have said they leave it on their pillow and also on the nightstand.
As long as it's in an envelope or left with a note so housekeeping knows it's for them anywhere should be fine.

Disnee Dad Says................................... Hey Poohiscool, I guess you can just leave a fifty on your next trip!! Just kidding!! Mousekeeping is great! We leave a buck or two everyday that we remember. Once left a note with two bucks that said thanks, and can we get an extra bar of Mickey soap. We got four bars!!! I thought about leaving a note saying if we leave you $200 can we get 800 bars, but decided not too !!!!

When DH and I stayed at AS Movies in Nov '99 we saved our tip for the end of the trip. As the week went on, I noticed...no soap being left anymore, no sheets changed ( I spilled some powerade on one so I know!). We left a tip anyway and when we returned in Dec '01, we left $2 everyday and recieved extra soaps. If you don't care about the soap (don't really know why I do, I like leaving it out for my guests if they are staying overnight), mousekeeping will still clean your room. It is a personal choice, but we will always tip mousekeeping. I have read on this board before that at the AS resorts the housekeepers don't get to keep their tips but I still hope that they are pocketing the cash we leave out for them.;)

I have the website for the disney envelopes that I got from this site however I am having trouble getting them printed onto the envelopes
i cut and paste to ms word but i just cant get it can anyone help
thanks

beb, I just double clicked on the bmp file line, stuck some envelopes in my printer, hit print on my explorer screen and bam, printed envelopes for each night we're there. I'm no computer whiz either so perhaps it'll work for you. Good luck.

Dropped the christmas.html off the end of the address and found images perfect for anytime of the year are also available. Thanks for the link KJMAX1. They're just what I was looking for too.:cool:

WDW, here we come in only 10 more days!:)

I'm staying off site, would it still be appropriate to use these envelopes even though not staying in WDW?

I stayed off site the first 2 nights of my trip and I used the envelopes. In fact, the house keeping left a thank you note. Have fun on your trip.

Dopey 13
May 2002 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
May 2001 Port Orleans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter