HELP!! Trying to convince my 17 yr old....

MimiKay

Mouseketeer
:confused3Hey, teenagers! My son is a Sr. this year. We have been many times to WDW. Planning on coming March, Spring Break... but my son has decided that he doesnt want to go. I would like to hear:confused3 some things that you teenagers do (without the parentals) at night, that might convince my son and friend to come go with us. I thought that Pleasure Island had a teenager hangout, but see that it doesnt anymore! Help me convince him that he can have fun in WDW!

Well Im 20 years old and still act like a child and enjoy myself eveytime we go to WDW, so how could he not want to go? :thumbsup2 but I know at 17 "it's not cool to be seen with your parents", but maybe you can tell him to go with his friend to a different park for a little while by themselves, or maybe him and his friend could go to a hangout after spending the day with you all at a park. :cool1:

What my cousin and i do is we take monorail, boat, ect. to a park with my family, and then separate for the day, and then around 8, we would meet somewhere and travel together back to the hotel. Also, sometimes if my cousin and i decided to change parks in the middle of the day, we'd take a bus to another hotel, and just keep my parents updated every hour.

What my cousin and i do is we take monorail, boat, ect. to a park with my family, and then separate for the day, and then around 8, we would meet somewhere and travel together back to the hotel. Also, sometimes if my cousin and i decided to change parks in the middle of the day, we'd take a bus to another hotel, and just keep my parents updated every hour.

I completely agree with this. It allows them freedom but still gives you the feeling that you're going as a family.

Well honestly as a 17 year old I have skipped quite a few family vacations since I turned 16 and it's because I'm tired of the location or would rather go on a trip with my youth group that is the same week. It doesn't have to be a bad thing and dragging someone around who doesn't want to be there is no fun for no one. Maybe letting your son sit out this trip isn't a bad thing.

when we went last july, my stepson just turned 17. We just went as a family and he didnt have a friend with him at all. When it was time for my little one to go to bed, he would go down to the hot tub everynight and had a great time hanging out and meeting people. He did this every night we were there and enjoyed himself.

Letting your son sit out this trip isn't a bad thing.
20.creation.jpg

My 17 year old brother sat out our last trip. He was all 'Disneyed' out over the many years we've been going. If we forced him, he probably would never go again. He said he'd like to return in a few years and I'd rather that than drag along a miserable person on the trip.

Well ive personally ran into this, i'm 16 and decided I don't want to go on our disney vacations anymore, and my parents really don't get it. i really strongly suggest you offer for him to bring a friend and give him freedom in the parks , and more resort time by the pool.

Id also like to suggest maybe a day doing the water sports outside the parks? I never have, but it's somthing i'd rather do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter