• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help us Dec peeps out.. Post Dec 08 pics here

cinderella73

<font color=magenta>I stand for strollers at wdw a
Can those of you who went the first 2 weeks of December post your photos here to share with us? I saw a picture someone had posted from the 1st week of December and was horrified.

It seems here on the Dis we all have really different ideas of what crowded versus un-crowded is. Pictures are the best way for all of us early December to know what we are getting into.

Please post the time of day and date if you can as well as those things can greatly affect the crowds.

( For those of us early December people I am not so sure this year will be as crowded as last from what I have heard . But with the rumor of the new discount coming up that could change fast!)

I so hope that people respond to your post. I will be there Nov.29 - Dec.5 and am a little nervous about what crowds are going to be like myself.

My last trip was during spring break in '06 :scared1::scared1::scared1:, so I think (or hope) that we can deal with the crowds during this time frame.

Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm not really worried about the crowds but would LOVE to see some December pics to share with the kids.

100_1630.jpg

Somewhere around 1 o'clock Saturday, Dec. 6 last year.

If anyone wants a link to my album PM me your email address and I will send you the link with the password to my PhotoBucket account. Be warned because there are 2,279 pictures in our Honeymoon album. There are food, crowd and misc park photos in there. This was my husband's first Disney trip and he took pictures of everything! It was so much fun!!!

Chell- Thanks so much for posting those! I would love to see your photobucket pics. I will send you a PM. I am in countdown mode and looking at all the pics gets me excited.

I noticed the MK one looks a bit crowded but there are some bare spots showing through on the sidewalks. Looks like maybe they were taping the stage part that day from what I see in the background. Wasn't that a parade taping day?

With the MGM one it doesnt look so bad. Pretty much like when I go in September .

Glad you guys had a good time! Weather must have changed a lot on you. One pic everyone is wearing t-shirts and the other jackets!

The weather was crazy. It was good for a while then would be chilly later the same day.

Thankfully there were some bare spots, but we were shocked to see so many people there. Well I was, this was Larry's first trip. I had been the same time in 2004 and there was hardly anyone there. Last year we ended up waiting almost 2 hours for BTMRR. We wouldn't have waited this long but the sign said a 20 minute wait and by the time we realized how long the line really was we were too far in to get out of it - you know how crazy that line set up is. It was a hot wait too. Then by the time we got finished there we road Splash, got soaking wet, then it was cold. We froze as we walked to Ohana for dinner. BUT we had an awesome time!

If the crowds are bad try not to stress over them. Just relax and have a good time no matter what!

I sent you an email with the invitation to the album. There are tons of pictures to see. Let me know if you have questions about any of them.

Last year was our 3rd 1st week in December in a row - and it got increasingly more crowded every year we went. But it was never very crowded at any time. Here are some crowd pics:

This was the only bad thing as far as crowds - The Osborne Lights - DHS - around 6:30p Saturday 12/6 - it was literally wall to wall people that couldn't move. Somehow either the CM's didn't get a good flow of traffic going, or guests just didn't listen & it became total gridlock. People were complaining & getting claustrophobic! This pic doesn't even show it nearly as bad as it was:

IMG_3719.jpg

This was Main St MK around 4:15pm on Thursday 12/4 - a MVMCP night - not crowded at all!

IMG_3504.jpg

This pic is dark but it's in Fantasyland, behind the castle, during MVMCP on Thursday, 12/4 around 10:00 pm. The only people in the pic are the CMs!!

IMG_3539.jpg

I didnt see anything in my email. ( The one I sent u in the PM) My email has been reallt acting up. My husband sent me email 2 days ago and I just got it! I hate yahoo mail. :sad2:

I did get a invite on myspace though. Was that you? lol
I will just keep checking back.

I sent you an email with the invitation to the album. There are tons of pictures to see. Let me know if you have questions about any of them.

BTW Crazy wait for BTMR! I would have been jumping over the gate to get out! :scared1:

Last year was our 3rd 1st week in December in a row - and it got increasingly more crowded every year we went. But it was never very crowded at any time. Here are some crowd pics:

This was the only bad thing as far as crowds - The Osborne Lights - DHS - around 6:30p Saturday 12/6 - it was literally wall to wall people that couldn't move. Somehow either the CM's didn't get a good flow of traffic going, or guests just didn't listen & it became total gridlock. People were complaining & getting claustrophobic! This pic doesn't even show it nearly as bad as it was:

IMG_3719.jpg

This was Main St MK around 4:15pm on Thursday 12/4 - a MVMCP night - not crowded at all!

IMG_3504.jpg

Thats a huge difference in crowds. I guess it just proves that planning the right place and time is everything. I am going to wait to see the Osbourne lights intil a Fantasmic night. I am "'hoping" everyone will go running off to see the show leaving me a nice clearing to really enjoy the lights.

BTW what night was the MK open till 10pm? Was that right before closing on a EMH night? EDIT: Duh! I just re-read what you said. Thats great considering Thursdays are usually a bit busier for MVMCP . ( That and Saturday I heard)

The night I took the empty Fantasyland pic was during the MVMCP so the park had closed at 7pm...and the MVMCP was still in full swing. At that time everyone was lined up for the 2nd parade (or fireworks, I can't remember) - you couldn't even move on Main Street. The area around Splash Mtn & BTMRR was also wall-to-wall people that night.

I was there Dec 6 - 16 the Weather was Beautiful . although a little cold for Florida Standards theres were a couple day it was low 40s at night and only 65 during the day . the temperature never went above 82 degrees..
Crowd Wise, Now I was expecting this to be one of the Slowest times of year , Wich According to my research it SHOULD have been.
But this happened to be the Time of the Pop-Warner football . I Dont Know how many teams Participate in that event but it seemes Everyone of them was in the parks too ,wich Made it A Lot more Crowded than it Normally wouldve been . Definatly Not Slow. with Friday and Saturday being the Worse odviously. I Attended 2 parties the first one was on Tuesday wich Turned out to be a Sell-out although the Ride lines still werent that bad, Character lines were Pretty Long, the Other Party was Sunday wich was Not crowded im glad i did it twice . Overall i Enjoyed it but I was expecting Way lower Crowds than that

Most picture threads can be found on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this over there now.

Breezy's mom- Your puppy is so cute! ( your avatar)The daytime pics dont seem terrible but the nighttime ones looks really busy. Was that the night of a MVMCP? Thanks for the pictures:)

Tara- I didnt realize you were a neighbor. Seems like a lot of us from this area are Dis'ers.. Are you the one stealing all my LHMH at Home Depot? lol

Oops ! Sorry... Where did I post it? Thought thats where it was. :confused3

That is where you posted it. I remember finding it there. EDITED - they moved it to a sub forum.

I sent the email through PhotoBucket. Let me know if you still don't have it tomorrow and I'll PM you the link and password. I would do it now but I don't know the link right off and I'm heading to bed right now.

One reason I think it was so crowded last year is because of the free dining they offered to the Disney Visa cardholders. So I hate to say it but it may be bad this year too, especially since they offered free dining to everyone. But Disney has to do what they have to in order to keep the money coming in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter