~ Help..usually rent condo or pool home. Need something cheaper this time!

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We are thinking of heading down the last week of June and are looking for a really cheap, clean place that at least has a fridge/microwave and pool and will sleep 2 adults and 3 kids.
We usually rent a condo/pool home and split the cost with my in-laws but this time we are going solo and it is a very, very tight budget kind of trip. :rolleyes:
Originally we weren't planning to go to WDW this year and were going to to to Colonial Williamsburg/BG for a week instead(dd is studying Colonial times in school). Well my family is in an uproar and keeps begging to go to WDW. I wavered and said would see what I could do. Since we are not too far from VA we will do a long weekend there instead of a week and TRY to save enough $$$ so we can still go to WDW.;)

So can anyone recommend a place for us for under $70, preferbly under $60 a night??:scared:
We do have AAA!

www.bookit.com have the Clarion Inn for $59 for the last week of June. I haven't stayed here but friends have (from UK) Its a very good location and free shuttles to Disney. Fridge, microwave etc.
There are usually some great deals on www.travelzoo.com but more last minute deals. We got 3 nights at Quality Suites which is next door to Clarion for $49 a couple of years ago, included free breakfast.

Haven't tried them. Is it only bidding or can you just book through them? Any tips?

I think you just find the one you want and bid on it, then pick your date after you win. I have not even tried it yet but have a friend who uses them all the time. Last I checked there were some good resorts with 2 bedrooms for like 299/week.

I think you just find the one you want and bid on it, then pick your date after you win. I have not even tried it yet but have a friend who uses them all the time. Last I checked there were some good resorts with 2 bedrooms for like 299/week.

Just be sure you read ALL the fine print on skyauction.com. There can be additional fees.

Go to skyauction and buy a vacation certificate. Right now they are selling for $229.99 + about $20 handling. You don't have to bid, it's a buy it now thing. Before you actually buy one, go check what is available for your time frame, http://www.resortcerts.com/. Also keep in mind that availability changes frequently.
I do this all the time and have gotten some wonderful inexpensive accommodations.

I've used skyauction/resortcerts as well with great results last year. At $229.99 + about $20 handling it's such a great deal to jump on but with needing room for 6 of us, I don't want to get stuck with a certificate. Looking for the last weeks of June as well and the availability of resorts with 2 bed/2ba has been extremely limited the last few months.

Incus

Go to skyauction and buy a vacation certificate.
Fair warning: you should NOT do this unless your dates, resort choice, etc. are quite flexible. If you have e.g. a specific week you want to travel, you absolutely run the risk of not finding anything and having the certificate expire. This comes up every so often on DISboards, when a rash of people decide to buy them, and some end up disappointed.

In particular, I think the OP's end of June timeframe is going to be very slim pickings via the certificates, especially if they are wanting a larger unit.

Edited to add: as for the auctions, yes do read the fine print. There is usually a hefty service fee, there is a fee to upgrade from the smallest unit size, and usually a surcharge to travel during any time that isn't the dead offseason---often a very stiff surcharge.

I decided to just search through vrbo and homeaway to find a condo/townhouse that is a little further away then where we usually stay...and cheaper! We don't mind driving 20-25 minutes(instead of our usual 7-10) if we can have more room and it's cheaper. Just so excited we can actually go!

I've been checking out cheap places for the week that would sleep 5 as far as hotels/motels/suites such as Super 8 suites(still over $500 w/AAA), Travelodge Suites east Gate Orange($400)and I am not impressed :(

I was going to suggest vrbo/homeaway as well. We are renting a condo this time and it is way cheaper that the 2 hotel rooms you would need. Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

We are renting a 3br townhouse the last week of May, staying 6 nights for $495. That was about the cheapest I could find.

Have you looked into renting a TH at Crestwynd Bay? It's right near WH but technically closer to the gates. I found one for $63/night including cleaning fee and taxes. Let me see if I can find the vrbo link.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter