Help! What are "chili beans?"

luvmyboys

<font color=blue>WoW Widow<br><font color=deeppink
I've never made chili before-- recipe I want to try calls for 2 cans mild chili beans and one can spicy chili beans.

What the heck are those? I went to the store, and saw kidney beans, which I know are used in chili, but no "mild" or "spicy" varieties. Is the recipe referring to the cans of chili w/ beans?

I never thought I could be stumped by beans!:confused3

I've never made chili before-- recipe I want to try calls for 2 cans mild chili beans and one can spicy chili beans.

What the heck are those? I went to the store, and saw kidney beans, which I know are used in chili, but no "mild" or "spicy" varieties. Is the recipe referring to the cans of chili w/ beans?

I never thought I could be stumped by beans!:confused3

They should be near the kidney beans on the canned veggie isle...there are several companies that make them...Brooks is the one I usually use...they will be labeled "Chili Beans" and are in a chili spiced type sauce.

Here is a link to the Brooks site http://www.birdseyefoods.com/brooks/ourProducts.asp it
shows a can of chili beans...maybe this will help. :thumbsup2

Down south we just use pinto beans. When they say chili beans they have probaly already had the spices added to them. In Tx, you can get them at any local grocery store. You could always make them yourself using pinto beans and add some onion, chilli powder, garlic powder, I use Rotels (dices tomatoes with green chilli's) because we like things spicy. If you don't like things spicy add tomato sauce or just diced tomatoes. Just remeber when cooking pinto beans it is always best to soak them first in water.
Oh, we add ground meat to our beans also.
Julie

124150510_200x200.jpg

They are basically canned chili without meat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter