Help-what places are not on the Dining Plan?

antsss

Mouseketeer
We're going in late Jan 2007 with 5 adults and 3 kids (7,5,3) and its been years and years since any of us have been to Disney. I've been trying to research the DP but I'm confused about one thing...what places are not included on the plan. I have the list of places that are included, but I can't tell if this is some, most or all of the places in WDW. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

I know Victoria and Albert's isn't on the plan, but I can't think of another one that isn't. Since you have a list of what IS included, there is a list of all Disney restaurants on allearsnet.com. Might want to take a look at that.

Thanks so much for the responses folks. The reason for my question is that since we are so unfamiliar with the places to eat in WDW (esp for counter service and snacks) I don't want to get the dining plan and find ourselves wandering around the parks when we are all hungry and tired trying to find someplace to eat that is on the plan. We are staying at WL, so it looks like we'd be ok when we're at the hotel.

I also don't think that "tea" at the Grand Floridian is on the list. I was really hoping that it would be.

Essentially all CS are on the plan. Most of the snack carts have some of the items that are included (these are clearly marked on the menus). The only thing you really need to be concerned about are the TS places. For those, I'd strongly suggest ADRs.

As to your concern about wandering around hot and tired, looking for a place on the plan--it won't happen. However, looking for a TS place that can seat you for dinner without an ADR could be a problem. You will be fine at hotels and parks......the plan is great provided that you eat one TS and one CS per day. If your family doesn't like CS....or something like that, it could possibly not work for you.

Thank you KCASHNER for your info. I think this answers my questions very well. I will definitely make ADRs for the TS restaurants and will limit ourselves to only those restaurants that are part of the plan. As long as I know that most CS places are on the plan, we should be just fine. As far as snacks, I think we'll be able to use our credits on waters, sodas, mickey bars, etc. and pay oop for all of the special snacks that are not part of the plan.

God bless all you folks who have so much wonderful Disney info and who are so willing to share it. All I have learned on these boards will make our trip much more special.

As I understand it - some pricy places - Victoria & Alberts, Artist Pointe, etc... are a "special experience" that you use 2 dinners worth to go. Is that correct?

Victoria & Albert's is not on the dining plan at all. Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee, Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Jiko and Brown Derby "cost" 2 TS credits per person.

Portobello Yacht Club is not on there, Fultons not on there and nor is Wolfgang Pucks Upstairs resturant. As wel V&A and Bistro de Paris along with Rainforst Cafe have already been mentioned.

Tea at the GF isn't. We wanted to do it, so we did it anyway, and loved it!
I don't think Fulton's in DTD is on it either.

To the OP, don't worry about wandering around trying to find someplace that accepts it - the places that don't are by far the exception.

Amyrlin said:
Portobello Yacht Club is not on there, Fultons not on there and nor is Wolfgang Pucks Upstairs resturant. As wel V&A and Bistro de Paris along with Rainforst Cafe have already been mentioned.
Also, Bongo's, House of Blues, Ghirardelli's Soda Fountain, McDonalds, and Wetzel's Pretzels at DTD aren't included. None of the restaurants at Swan or Dolphin are included- restaurants at Shades of Green aren't included, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter