Help! Whos right?

rgrimm

Mouseketeer
My DW and I have a disagreement in two areas of Disney policies relative to FP + and in the 180 day out dinner reservations. I am hoping some of you have experience in these areas to help resolve our disagreement. :confused3

First: Make dinner reservations on reservations made more than 180 day out.
We made our December FW trip reservation back in February 2013. June 8, 2013 we were able to start making our Dinning reservations according to the Refrig magnet reminder they mailed us. On June 8th I went on line and made a dinner reservation for our first reservation day. I then went to make a reservation for our second day, but couldn’t, the day/date was not selectable. I had to wait until the next day (June 9th) to make the next reservation and then the next day for the next, etc.

So here is our disagreement: My DW says if I had Called Disney on the First day (June 8th) that the CM would have been able to make ALL our Dinner reservations for the trip rather than having to go on-line each day to make all the reservations. So, the CM had the power to bypass the 180 day out policy.

Second: FP+ on the day/time they are for.

I have made our FP+ online and unlike the Dinner reservations I was able to make ALL our FP+ on the day that marked our 60 day out time (October 6th). Our disagreement is with the use of the FP+. Just as with the paper FP’s, you are given an hour window to use the FB+, my DW says that if you show up late (lets say 30/60 minutes past your window) they will still let you in and I say what is the point of the 1 hour window then. So has anyone showed up past their FP+ window (30 minutes +) and still allowed in?

I guess with the old paper FB that perhaps the CM would have the discretion to allow you in because they could See that you really did have a FB and the original time. But, now with the MagicBands there is no ‘paper’ to verify you had a FP+ at all. The Mickey Globe either flashes or not. You’re either in or not and the Globe decides and not a CM who has no way to determine if you actually had a FB+.

I guess I usually use (what I think) is a pure logical approach to answer the questions and if my DW is correct that means that Disney rules/policies are able to be compromised by their CM’s.

I do understand that not all in life is based on Logic and that Disney has been know to not enforce all it’s rule/policies so I could be wrong. :confused3

Thank you for helping to clarify our differences.

-Russ

You are both right.

Dining reservations (wife) - If you are staying on site and call at 180 days, you can make all of your reservations for up your entire stay (up to 10 days).

FP+ (you) - They can only be used in the time period listed. Years ago with the old paper FP, you could go back anytime that day with the unused FP as long as it was after the start of your window. They stopped and started enforcing the FP times on those a while before FP+ started.

I hear there is a grace period of 15 minutes after your 1 hour window expires. I have yet to try that so take it with a grain of salt. You can also enter the ride 5 minutes before your time. I have done this.

Saw people being allowed on the Jungle Cruise after their time.

Castmember checking the Magic Band pressed some buttons and the Blue Mickey head then turned Green - on they went

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter