Help with a stupid DVC picture question!

tink4ever

DVC Member Since 2001
Please excuse my stupid question But how do you put a picture of your DVC into your signature? I love when you see the picture of your DVC in your signature but after many attempts to figure this out I am now completely frustrated. I have checked so many different areas on the disboards so I am sorry if this is not the acurate site for this question. If any of you experts can explain how to apply the picture of our VWL to my signature please help this computer illiterate mother. Thanks for your help. :cheer2: :cheer2:

No question is stupid if you don't know the answer! :)

Go to User CP (above) -- then when window opens, click "edit signature" on left - there you can put a link to the image you wish to use.

HTH :)

Where do you get the images????? How do you link to it?

You could get an image anywhere on the web--it just needs to conform to the DIS size requirements. The html coding for an embeded photo would be
"
" -- less of course the quotation marks.

There are detailed threads on this board telling you how to do this step by step

HTH :)

Thanks - I'll have to find that thread - I understand almost nothing about it!!!

If your DVC is in SSR you can use mine. Let me know and I will send you a private message with a link you can paste into your signature.

Thank you for all of the info. My 17 year old DS' girlfriend sat with me for 5 minutes, clicked and was done. I was very impressed. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lenc324 - Do you have an image host? Your images have to be stored someplace other than just on your computer before you can insert them into an image link here. If you don't, lots of people use Photobucket and its free.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like and I'll try to help. :)

Lenc324 - You're very welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Okay, for anyone else trying to insert an image, the process is pretty much the same everywhere.

First, obviously you need the image and it has to be sized in accordance with the guidelines established at wherever you are wanting to post it. If the image requires editing to conform to the guidelines, that usually requires an image editing program. Almost all digital cameras come with software that includes an editing program such as Adobe.

Next, you need to store all of your images somewhere other than your computer. This is called an Image Host. If you don't already have one, Photobucket serves that purpose and it is free for the smallest account.

After you upload your images from your computer to the image host, each image will now have its own unique URL assigned by the image host.

To add an image to your signature here, click on "User CP" at the top left.

Next, click on "Edit Signature"

Then click on the yellow envelope icon at the top.

In the box that pops up, copy & paste the URL of your image.

You should be good to go! Hope that helps!

blossomz - You're very welcome. I also wanted to add that most ISP's like AOL or Earthlink, offer some form of an FTP image hosting program. On AOL it used to be called My FTP Space but I haven't used AOL for a few years so it might have changed.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think having all of your DVC logos next to each other in your signature, is causing the thread to be too wide causing people to have to scroll left and right to read it.

If so, it might be a little better to put them below, rather than next to, each other in your signature.

Here is another place to get the pics.

Copied from a Caskbill post:

Those images you see were created by vascubaguy, and meet DISboard signature guidelines.

Go to his site Here http://members.cox.net/disneyvacationclub/pages/Resorts/dvcresorts.htm

Right click on the image you'd like to use, and a popup box appears. Select properties. The properties box appears. You'll see an address (URL). Click and drag to select the address (be sure you get it all, it will be everything beginning with http and ending with .jpg) and copy it to your clipboard. (Shortcut is CTRL-C)

Go to your DISboard and select Quick Links, then Edit Signature.

Place your cursor in the signature box. Click the yellow Insert Image icon. A box will appear asking for the address. Paste (shortcut is CTRL-V) the address you copied. The DIS will put the correct code and tags into your signature.

Save your signature.

Remember, be sure to use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy and paste. If you try to use the EDIT copy and paste buttons it might not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter