Help with AK lodge

dansyr

I'm a loser
ok ....the good news is I convinced my bf to let me call about comeback rates for AK lodge. The rate we got is great !!!
The CM on the phone asked what room type we would like. I picked savannah view.
Ok...here's where I need your help !!
What building or where are the best rooms located. We would like a room with a great view of the animals but also close to the pool and hot tubs but not right next to them.
Any suggestions???
We will be going early Sept.

Arusha Savannah is the largest and has giraffes. There are two trails, and the Zebra trail is on the side of the Lodge that has all the restaurants and the pool/hot tub. I usually like to be on upper floors, but we requested 2nd floor (which is the first floor with guest rooms), and it felt like we were looking the animals right in the eye. They seemed about 30-40 feet away.
Have a great trip! The buffet at Boma's is a really fun experience.

We stayed in the Arusha Savannah on the Kudu Trail in May last year and loved it! :) Everyday we saw Giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and many other animals...our kids loved it! We were on the 2nd floor, but next time I would request the Zebra trail as it is closer to the pool and food places! :) Other than that, it was the best stay we ever had! :)

Here is a map that should help:

http://www.wdwig.com/aklmap3.jpg

I would also suggest the Arusha Rock Savannah. We stayed on the Zebra Trail last year and loved it but I think we are gonna try Kudu Trail this year. And again... 2nd or 3rd floor is great!!

We were in room 2511, arusha savannah, zebra trail. We were a 2 minute walk (tops) to the pool and restaurants. I love AKL and can't wait to go back in December!

Erin :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter