• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with AoA room please (and questions)

msmama

DIS Veteran
Hi folks! You've been very helpful to me on the resort board. Looks like price is winning over everything else and I'm going with an AoA suite. But, now, to pick which one.

Are there no preferred rooms like at other values? (Or are they already booked?) I assume everyone wants "close to transport" which is my main request.

So, theme wise, Lion King would be my first choice, BUT I like the fact that we'd be close to a pool if we did Cars. I'm not against Nemo, but afraid that it'd be too loud for me (the last few trips have been CL deluxe or Mod in the middle of nowhere so I'm already worried about noise and people).

Is it similar size wise to POP? It looks like a similar configuration, too and I've not liked the walk at the end of the night from the main building to the 60's buildings at POP which seems a similar distance to Cars.

So, those of you that are AoA experts? Which theme was your favorite and why?

I thought the Nemo suites were actually considered preferred?
We loved Lion King for the theming and the easy path to the bus (not through Animation Hall but the sidewalk that goes around it towards the parking lot). The colors in the Cars suite just didn't do it for me.

We ended up in Lion King because that was what I could get for our dates but we would stay in it again.

The Nemo suites are closest to the main building and the big pool. Where Lion King is located it is very close to the bus stops, much closer than the Cars Suites. We stayed in building 2 in Cars and enjoyed it, but the walk was no big deal to us. We had a ground floor and it was nice to bounce out to the pool and back to the room if you forgot something. If you like the Lion King theme and I worried about transportation I would choose there over the pool. It is situated about equally between the Nemo pool and the LM pool.

AOA layout is similiar to Pop. Nemo suites are directly out the door from the main building - like the 60's at Pop. Those are your closest rooms. Cars is to the side and has it's own pool (like 50's) and then Lion King to the other side, no pool (like 70's) and Little Mermaid standard rooms past the Lion King section (similar to 80's/90's). I don't think you can go wrong with any location for the suites. The standard little mermaid rooms are far but the suites are all reasonable. Cars would probably be your furthest away from transportation. If you like Lion King I would get that. As others said the pools at Nemo and LM are close by. You won't feel like you are missing anything by not having a pool in your section. When I stayed in the LM rooms we used the main pool and the cars pool.

We chose Cars. We requested upper level and close to transport.
We got Building 1. It was close to lobby, pretty close to bus, convenient to parking lot (we only did bus for MK and Disney Springs), convenient to both pools (and laundry at Cars pool). We didn't have bad noise.
The view was a parking lot, but it didn't matter.

We chose Cars because it had the theme that appealed most to my family. Looking at pictures, I think it is the most well done theme. That being said, we are going to try something different this year, so we booked Nemo, but we will change to Lion King if that is the only way to get a discount (Nemo is more expensive and harder to get a discount)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter