Help with booking and WDW Annual Passholders Code

skelred

Earning My Ears
I have booked a 6 night stay in July 2 WL and 4 AKL. I have payed full price - no codes after my name. I tried to ask the Disney reservation person if it would be cheaper to buy a WDW Annual Pass and reserve with code. They were less than helpful and would not look it up. They said that these are limited and I may loose my booking etc. Reading mousesavers I could save 100$ a night. It seems to me that if that is the case
WDW Annual Pass 426
- % day parkhopper 235
+ 194
- 600 *est*
= 400 savings

Should I just cancel my booking and start again?

Well there's no guarantee that they will have AP rates available for those dates at your particular hotel. You could buy the AP pass and then book and hopefully you will get the AP rate. If you are going to be at WDW for more than 9 days over the next 12 months, I think AP passes are the way to go regardless of hotel savings.

While the passholder rate can save you money and if you go alot the AP is a wonderful thing to have, you need to understand that AP rate rooms are limited and at this time, AP rate rooms over July 4th are most likely non-existant.

What you can do is see if there is any availability for your dates and if there is, book it at AP rate. You will need an AP at checkin, you do not need one to book a room.

If you can get the AP rate you can then purchase one prior to checkin.

Thanks for all the help. I called back and got a more helpful person. The code doesn't help for the dates I am looking at. Here is hoping for new code ;)

skelred said:
Thanks for all the help. I called back and got a more helpful person. The code doesn't help for the dates I am looking at. Here is hoping for new code ;)

I'd wait to see if you can get the AP rate before you buy the AP voucher. You can always purchase the AP voucher in the same call when/if AP discounts come out for July. Don't forget to factor in the DDE card with your overall savings. You only need one AP to reserve the rate too. The rest in my party have MYW tickets.

skelred - The AP code should help if there are rooms available for those dates you have listed; checking in July 2 @ WL and July 4 @ AKL. I would keep calling back to see if there are any rooms available with the annual pass discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter