Help with Budget "Pun" Halloween costume

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
My work is letting us dress up for Halloween and having a contest for best Punniest costume. They posted this in the break room.

image.jpeg

I did a search online and found quite a few ideas but like to do something that was just not easily found online. I was planning on just wearing my Super Girl costume shirt before they posted this contest. I can't think of anything Punny to incorporate the shirt. Maybe you can think of something. Any kind of Punny costume you can think of please share. The simpler the better.

We had a Bunco Group event that had guests as- Snakes on a plane, Grammer Police, Spice Rack, Hunger Games, Iron Maiden, French Kiss, Pecan Pie, Smarty Pants, Fantasy Football, Treasure Chest, Cat Call and Drag Queen. I can maybe PM you the picture or describe a costume that catches your fancy! But all were done with things from home and very easy!

If you have a partner, you can dress up in surgical scrubs/lab coats and go as a paradox (pair of docs)

This probably will not be looked on kindly on a Disney board, as it is a bit shocking, but I saw it on Facebook: Disney on Ice

Attachments

• disney on ice.JPG
    disney on ice.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 73

I just thought of one myself tell me what you think.

I can make a shirt that says Treasure on it. I can even add jewels around the word if need be.
The pun is that it is Treasure Chest since the word is across my chest on the shirt.

What do you think does this idea work? Is it a pun that counts or not. Think it is to easy to figure out?

Ok found a graphic online. I printed and cut it out then taped it to the shirt for a test look. What do you think? I will iron on transfer it to make it permanent if I decide to go with it. Need to have a costume I can still do physical type work in cause I stock shelves.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Law 'n Motion

I just heard this at work this past week, but print out legal briefs (you can get them off the internet) and tape it on your clothes. Then walk around normally and you're "Law 'n Motion"

Idk if this is too juvenile- DS was a knight (night) light last year for his pun Halloween costume at school. we made a knight costume and stuck tap lights to him.

I don't know if it is necessarily a pun...but I was once "partly cloudy with a chance of rain". I wore a blue t-shirt with cotton glued on it the shape of clouds. I carried a spray bottle for the "chance of rain" I would spray on occasion.

My brother was "Serial Killer" one year. He strung cereal boxes on rope and draped them over his chest, added fake blood and carried a plastic knife.

Treasure Chest is pretty common in the pun costume field but will allow you to dress up and do your work!
The last one we had the winner was Fantasy Football.... she wore a jersey and elf ears. No one could figure it out for anything but once she told us it it got a great laugh.

50 shades of gray. Put gray paint chip samples all over your clothes.

Sugar momma. Hit glue sugar cubes or packets all over your clothes and carry a baby doll with you.

Chick magnet. Attach little (fake of course) chicks all over you.

We like punny costumes. For MNSSHP DH dressed a "serial killer". I glue gunned empty mini cereal boxes and plastic butcher knives on his t shirt. I went as a "con artist". This was a black and white prisoner costume paired with a French beret, artist's palette and paint brush. Our friend went as a "deviled egg". She dressed in white and added a large yellow circle on her t shirt and wore devil's horns. Her DH went as the "surgeon general". He wore scrubs and the hat from a general's uniform. My nephew went as a "black eyed pea". So, he wore black, we ironed on a large white letter P to his shirt and blackened his eye with makeup. This year I am toying with going as "black mail" which would be dressed all in black and glue gunning various unopened envelopes to my clothing. I may have DH go as a "chick magnet" which would be little baby chick toys glued to his clothes. I was going to use those Easter Peeps but hat could get messy LOL

Idk if this is too juvenile- DS was a knight (night) light last year for his pun Halloween costume at school. we made a knight costume and stuck tap lights to him.

THIS IS GENIUS hahahah i love this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter