Help with Car Rental in July

onourway2Dis

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

First let me say that I find these boards invaluable and they have been so helpful to me planning our late July family trip.

I am and have been looking for reasonable car rental rates since FEB! We need a minivan from 7/23-30.....the prices are crazy! Can someone help me or give me some pointers for finding a good rate.

Thanks!

I am a little OCD when it comes to rental cars. I feel it is a game and they will not beat me. I know it is a problem. That being said I would sign up for all of the programs and all of the email deals. I’m headed down there this weekend with my sister and her family and we were having the same problem. Budget sent an email and it had a deal for a minivan. I was even rebooking our cars today because it was saving us money. If it is going to put more money in our pockets I rebook up to the day before we are going to travel. See I do have a problem.

You have to check everyday. I booked a car for the end of June and the first price I was given was almost $550. I checked everyday and have it booked now for $380. I checked this morning and prices are up over $130 from yesterday. Just keep checking daily using different codes.

Where do you get your codes to check. It's been so long since I've rented a car, I don't really remember where to start. We're looking for a mini-van or large SUV for July 21-31 and everything seems so high. I need to seriously start looking for deals!

What about renting two smaller cars? That is what we are looking at and it is almost half the price. Disney says they will give us two parking passes.

I will have to agree with you, rental car prices are crazy. Mine have doubled since I have booked them in March. I have said this in the past, check Dollar for their city specials. Sometimes some of their specials are pretty good.

Hi all,

First let me say that I find these boards invaluable and they have been so helpful to me planning our late July family trip.

I am and have been looking for reasonable car rental rates since FEB! We need a minivan from 7/23-30.....the prices are crazy! Can someone help me or give me some pointers for finding a good rate.

Thanks!

Hi. I booked a minivan thru Budget. I got a rate of $298 with taxes for a week and get a $30 back at time of return. These are public travelocity codes I found from a fellow poster. BCD code X474200 and coupon code MUGZ029. I am flying into Sanford but the rates work for MCO as well. I just typed in your dates at the Budget site and got you a rate of $225 (Dodge Grand Caravan or similar) plus tax = $302.96.

Hope that helps. YOu can also try www.carrentalsavers.com they have good coupons and deals. I havnt been able to find a better rate on Minivans. :)

I found code for budget Y937800 and mugz029. Don't remember where I found them. I also can get it cheaper (almost $174 cheaper) if we dropoff at either the Embassy Suites hotel on International Drive or the Doubletree at WDW. We need July 1st to the 16th. But I don't know if having the hassle of another hotel ressie ad trying to get from hotel to airport is worth the savings. Also I'm wondering if the price will go down right before, especially since we're over the holiday weekend.

The best deals I usually find are with Alamo, using Costco codes. But usually the best deals don't come out until 21 days out or so. And I'm not sure I've seen many deals on minivans.

Hi. I booked a minivan thru Budget. I got a rate of $298 with taxes for a week and get a $30 back at time of return. These are public travelocity codes I found from a fellow poster. BCD code X474200 and coupon code MUGZ029. I am flying into Sanford but the rates work for MCO as well. I just typed in your dates at the Budget site and got you a rate of $225 (Dodge Grand Caravan or similar) plus tax = $302.96.

Hope that helps. YOu can also try www.carrentalsavers.com they have good coupons and deals. I havnt been able to find a better rate on Minivans. :)

Thanks for those codes..it give me the best price so far. Do you know what the coupon code was for and do I need a coupon at time of p/u or d/o?

Check mousesavers for codes. I rebooked my car since my last post and saved $50. I checked this AM, and the prices are up $160 from yesterday. :confused3 It's just crazy!

Thanks for those codes..it give me the best price so far. Do you know what the coupon code was for and do I need a coupon at time of p/u or d/o?

Hi. The BCD code X 474200 is a public travelocity code for minivan dicounts. The MUGZ029 was a $30 coupon from Budget. You dont have to show anyting at time of pickup and drop off as far as I know. You get the $30 back at drop off as long as its returned as you got it.
Glad it worked for you :)

Thanks for the help everyone!! This trip planning is A LOT of work!

I used the code jacdolfin posted and got the same rate, I reserved it. I'll keep checking to see if the prices drops if not I'll be happy with this. Its better then the 400+ I've been seeing.

Thanks again!

did you have any issues w/the travelocity code when you rented? someone posted their relative had a problem w/it

Hi. The BCD code X 474200 is a public travelocity code for minivan dicounts. The MUGZ029 was a $30 coupon from Budget. You dont have to show anyting at time of pickup and drop off as far as I know. You get the $30 back at drop off as long as its returned as you got it.

is the code just for minivans? and have you rented w/it yet? saw someone had an issue w/that code but it is the best code i have found so i really want to use it! it let me rent a standard suv w/that code but i'm concerned i'll have problems when i get to the rental counter
thanks!

is the code just for minivans? and have you rented w/it yet? saw someone had an issue w/that code but it is the best code i have found so i really want to use it! it let me rent a standard suv w/that code but i'm concerned i'll have problems when i get to the rental counter
thanks!

I think it applies to a few other types of car but mainly minivans. I have not used it yet. I fly out on Friday. Ill let ya know how it goes.

I have always used Alamo, but have usually booked 8 to 12 months in advance. This year, our WDW trip was last minute for us (about 2 1/2 months). Car rental rates have been outrageous. I finally tried Priceline and got a full size car for 11 day (July 30 to August 10) for $325 (includes taxes) from Hertz. Not a great deal, but better than the $500 and above quotes I have been seeing from all the other companies.

So far booking through the Entertainment book website has been the cheapest for me for our July trip. Our Costco discount is running the same, too. No codes, I just book through those 2 websites when booking and it automatically enters the codes. Right now we have a full size for a week through Alamo for $200.

I LOVE YOU! :cloud9: *SMACK*

This is the deal of the century for a minivan!!!!!! :worship::banana::worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter