Help with Christmas brunch menu

Looks good to me. If I were to add anything, I would add shrimp cocktail.
I agree with neverlandsky. Put out some shrimp cocktail and let me know when I should come over for brunch. (jk, my MIL would kill anyone who is not there for a holiday meal. lol)

Are you also serving mimosas and bloody marys? Premade pitchers for bloody marys are easy for your guests and you to serve themselves. Mimosas are easy since they are only two ingredients.

Might I suggest Domain Ste. Michelle Brut? In PA, the land of high liquor taxes, this is about $11-12 per bottle. I think it rivals Vive Cliquot or Perret Jouier that run between $60-100+ per bottle. It's from Washington State and it is nice and fruity and makes wonderful mimosas.

I agree with neverlandsky. Put out some shrimp cocktail and let me know when I should come over for brunch. (jk, my MIL would kill anyone who is not there for a holiday meal. lol)

Are you also serving mimosas and bloody marys? Premade pitchers for bloody marys are easy for your guests and you to serve themselves. Mimosas are easy since they are only two ingredients.

Might I suggest Domain Ste. Michelle Brut? In PA, the land of high liquor taxes, this is about $11-12 per bottle. I think it rivals Vive Cliquot or Perret Jouier that run between $60-100+ per bottle. It's from Washington State and it is nice and fruity and makes wonderful mimosas.

Excellent choice for mimosas and most other sparkling cocktails:cool:

We are doing a brunch for our family this year instead of the usual dinner and need some ideas for easy menu items. This is what I'm thinking:
Quiche
hashbrown casserole
bacon
fruit salad
cinnamon rolls
mini muffins
prime rib
asparagus
rolls
Its just my immediate family ( all young adult kids) so no need to impress but I think I'd like to add a few items. Any ideas?

Sounds pretty good to me.

I'd go breakfast casserole and french toast casserole instead of the quiche and plain hashbrown casserole. And I'd lose the rolls. They're redundant.
Other than that, sounds good. I might also do some ham considering it's a brunch.
BUT I WOULD NOT LOSE THE RIB ROAST. Aldi has spirals on sale for 98 cents a pound (if there are any left.)

I have a question that may show some regional differences.
To me a brunch is mostly breakfast food served from about 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. It's frequently a buffet when 9 or more guests are in attendance since that makes the host's life easier.

What is a brunch to you?

I have a question that may show some regional differences.
To me a brunch is mostly breakfast food served from about 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. It's frequently a buffet when 9 or more guests are in attendance since that makes the host's life easier.

What is a brunch to you?

That is what brunch is to me, definitely more breakfast food options than lunch food. Since I've only gone to brunches for occasions it involves more than one person, and I consider it more of an event not a meal time.
When I eat a late breakfast or an early lunch, I don't refer to it as brunch, if it's breakfast food it's breakfast, if it's lunch food then it is lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter