Help with Disneyland/universal planning

We are going late Sept....2 days. 1 DL and 1CA....no need for hoppers right?
Food...what are the couple must try places or things to try in each park?
Sounds like genie is a must do w 1 day at each...no?
More stupid questions to follow..staying off site.

October is insane but we are usually there due to kid’s fall break. We only needed ONE day at Universal, and I actually had everyone scan into DCA that morning before we left for Universal. We stayed at GCH so it was easy to scan in and then leave! Then I could book LL for later in the evening, after Universal. Worked great!

October is insane but we are usually there due to kid’s fall break. We only needed ONE day at Universal, and I actually had everyone scan into DCA that morning before we left for Universal. We stayed at GCH so it was easy to scan in and then leave! Then I could book LL for later in the evening, after Universal. Worked great!
Absolutely brilliant! 👏👏👏

We have done Disneyworld many times but are debating a Disneyland/Universal trip next October. We are thinking 5 days total. How many days do we need at each place? Where are the best places to stay?
Please give me all the info! Thanks
@claudiaken

No more than 1 day would be necessary for Universal Hollywood. Given only 5 days, I'd do 4 days Disney and 1 Universal.

October is miserable at Disneyland now. I'd argue it's worse than peak Christmas crowds.
Sad, because October used to be such a great time to go. I hate that they've gone so nuts with the Halloween stuff. Doesn't it start in August now? Seems ridiculous to me. Oh well.

We are going late Sept....2 days. 1 DL and 1CA....no need for hoppers right?
Food...what are the couple must try places or things to try in each park?
Sounds like genie is a must do w 1 day at each...no?
More stupid questions to follow..staying off site.
I always, always have hoppers at DL. I never bother with them at WDW, but being just a short walk between DL/DCA I always want the option to hop. I would say Genie+ is a must (since I like rides and hate long lineups). Can't really recommend any "must try" food items unless I know more about what you like. For me, I MUST have tigger tails from the candy shop by the Winnie the Pooh ride. They are so yummy (and I don't even like marshmallows much).

We wanted to see the haunted mansion overlay for Halloween and my kids have fall break so they are off a Monday and Tuesday in October. I didn't realize October was such a bad time for Disneyland. Guess I should do some more research
I would avoid October at all costs. The overlay for the Haunted Mansion is there until January. Early November or early December would be my choice if you want to see it.

I would agree with this. We did 1 day at Universal a couple years ago during a DL trip and that was enough time to see everything we wanted to do. And with the hour+ commute (depending on traffic) from DL area we didn't want to do that more than one time on our visit. Maybe instead of 2 Universal days just do 1 and then add in a Knotts Berry Farm day. It is quite a bit closer to DL which is nice.
And go to Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant just outside of Knotts. Yummy! I love a day trip to Knotts on my day off from DL.

If you purchase the unlimited fastlane pass at Universal, it's a one day park. Might be worth it to optimize your Disneyland experience with as many days possible.

October is nice at WDW (I usually went there in October or early November), it is hell at DL.
Unfortunately, as someone just back from a WDW trip, I will be avoiding WDW in October, especially MK. I have *never* seen crowds that bad as a non party night in MK. Never again.

We have done Disney World three times in October. How do the crowds compare?
Been 3 times in the last 5 years in October, last one a week ago, and sadly this is not the case anymore. Worst crowds I have ever experienced in any of the US parks. Give me DL in October over that insanity any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter