• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with getting sunblock out of clothes

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
I have several tops that are discolored because of the sunblock I used the last time at Disney. Some are white but several are colored. I have tried several things and nothing has worked. Any help would be great. Also what sunblock works good but doesn't discolor clothes?

I will try it. Does it come in Dawn with Oxi? A lady in the store was telling me that Dawn with Oxi would get any kind of stain out. Should have checked that day,but didn't. Thanks I will try Dawn.

Unfortunately, the ingredient avobenzone in a lot of sunscreens is what causes the pink/orange stains, especially on whites. I did a little research and apparently it's due to a reaction with the iron present in water. The recommendation is to try a rust stain remover.

Unfortunately, the ingredient avobenzone in a lot of sunscreens is what causes the pink/orange stains, especially on whites. I did a little research and apparently it's due to a reaction with the iron present in water. The recommendation is to try a rust stain remover.

It's also a hormone disruptor so you should try to avoid it.

Luckily it's getting easier to get sunscreens without the chemicals that can hurt you. Target carries Goddess garden sunscreen. I use that or Alba.

Never have problem with stains with those. They will cost more because they are natural. But for me, it's worth it. Don't want to avoid skin cancer only to use a product that contributes to another type of cancer.

I was going to say Dawn too. The blue one.

Target sunscreen stains for us, but banana boat does not, so I usually buy that.

I have the best luck with Oxy-Clean. Make a paste and rub it in the stain and let it sit a bit.

I agree Dawn is the best on food stains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter