• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with my plan, please!

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Between a cancer diagnosis and Covid, it's now been a whopping 4 years since our last trip. We're all healthy and ready to head back! But, I'm now completely out of touch with everything and all of the new rules seem super confusing - I'm hoping you guys can help me.

It's my husband and myself plus our two kids aged 11 and 8. We're only doing 2 Disney days this trip (with park hopper). We've always done a minimum 4 days, with no park hopper, so this is something else that is new for me. Our go-to move was always a Garden Grill reservation at Epcot and then straight on to Soarin'. From there we would do Test Track and then head out of Epcot and come back in the afternoon for the World Showcase. I see now that Garden Grill isn't serving breakfast, so that won't work this time around.

So, our main 'hope to dos' are:
Epcot -
World Showcase in general
  • Test Track
  • Soarin’
  • Turtle Talk
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Hollywood Studios
  • Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Spec
  • Frozen Sing a Long
  • Muppet Vision
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Beauty and the Beast show
Animal Kingdom
  • animals
  • Navi River Journey
  • Celebration festival lion king
  • Safari
  • Kali river rapids
  • Flight of passage- maybe
  • Dinosaur
Magic Kingdom
  • Magic carpets of Aladdin
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Splash Mountain - maybe
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Royal Carousel
  • Mickey’s Phillharmagic
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • It’s a Small World
  • The Barnstormer
  • Dumbo

I'm about to book our tickets, which I understand means I then need to make park reservations. I'm hoping someone can help me with a strategy so that I know which parks to reserve for each of the 2 mornings. We're not opposed to early mornings and late nights and we're staying at a Deluxe via DVC.

Thanks so much!! :)

That's... really hard. Do either of your 2 days happen to be a Monday or Wednesday for deluxe evening hours?

You definitely have to start one day at HS with all those shows, then hop to Epcot. It's going to be rough with G+, though. You're going to have to wait for TT, FEA and/or Remy standby as I don't you're getting all of those G+ after the HS morning. Maybe if you RD Slinky, then head to railway so that you're stacking EP for the afternoon and not using it in the studios.

The other day you start with AK because it is open earlier and then MK stays open later. (This *can't* be a party day). I think you're also stacking for MK while touring AK, make sure you leave so that you're ready to enter MK right at 2pm.

But, it's still going to be very, very tight.

That's... really hard. Do either of your 2 days happen to be a Monday or Wednesday for deluxe evening hours?

You definitely have to start one day at HS with all those shows, then hop to Epcot. It's going to be rough with G+, though. You're going to have to wait for TT, FEA and/or Remy standby as I don't you're getting all of those G+ after the HS morning. Maybe if you RD Slinky, then head to railway so that you're stacking EP for the afternoon and not using it in the studios.

The other day you start with AK because it is open earlier and then MK stays open later. (This *can't* be a party day). I think you're also stacking for MK while touring AK, make sure you leave so that you're ready to enter MK right at 2pm.

But, it's still going to be very, very tight.
Yes - our 2 days are a Monday and a Wednesday! I totally get that it will be tight and also that we won't be able to do everything. We have some other things we're doing in Florida, so 2 days at the parks is how it worked out this time. Thanks for your thoughts!

Yes - our 2 days are a Monday and a Wednesday! I totally get that it will be tight and also that we won't be able to do everything. We have some other things we're doing in Florida, so 2 days at the parks is how it worked out this time. Thanks for your thoughts!
Well, then I stand by ending at EP and MK on their respective deluxe hours days to extend your park time overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter