Help with (partial) Dining Plan option???

hipmaman

<font color=red>Did the Southern California thing<
Hi,

This is our first time at WDW so I need help with the dining plan. We'll be there in less than 10 days and am now wondering if I should purchase dining plan.

There will be dh, myself and 2 children (5 and 7 yrs old). We'll be at the Coronado Springs from 22-28 Apr (non travel days). I'll be working for 4 of those days and the rest are our personal vacation time. My meals for those 4 days would be covered by the conference.

Can I partially purchase Dining Plan option for dh and the kids for the entire trip and myself only for the days I won't be working? Or is the dining option only work for the entire stay at a Disney resort and for the entire family?

Any help would be appreciated.

no yu have to purchase the plan for all days for everyone, but you could pool your credits for when you are not there for some dinner shows or signature rests. You could do mickys bbq or aloha show or hoop dee do or any of singnature reest and pay oop for kids for that rest. also could get child care in room for kids and do a signature rest wiht just adults. the extra c/s meals could be used for exta food on days left or for extra the nights yu are working. snacks can be used any time.

twinsmamma said:
no yu have to purchase the plan for all days for everyone, but you could pool your credits for when you are not there for some dinner shows or signature rests. You could do mickys bbq or aloha show or hoop dee do or any of singnature reest and pay oop for kids for that rest. also could get child care in room for kids and do a signature rest wiht just adults. the extra c/s meals could be used for exta food on days left or for extra the nights yu are working. snacks can be used any time.

Thanks for the quick response. So we can credit my unused portions for my use only or the family use? And from what I have read, the Plan is worth it (of course subjected to our eating habits)?

When you get the DDP all the credits are pooled from the beginning. Si, if you are all there for 6 nights you will each get 6 TS, 6 CS and 6 snack credits, which will show as a total only. It is then up to you how u use them.

The dining plan must be purchased for all members of your party for all nights on your reservation. However, it cannot be added to all packages.

Since it sounds like part of your trip is a business meeting, you will need to contact whoever did your travel arrangements. Your business trip might be on a special deal that does not allow the dining plan. It might be possible (if necessary) to split the trip into 2 separate reservations--one for the business trip and one for the personal part. That way, you would be able to book a package that allows the dining plan for the personal part.

Your credits are assigned to your room ressie, not to each person. You can shuffle them any way you wish, so that your husband can use your credits, etc. Your kids will be at the child's meal rate, so that is a wonderful bargain--although they do have to order off the children's menu if the restaurant has one.

Bottom line--contact the travel agent immediately. The dining plan cannot be added after you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter