Help with Port Adventure in St Thomas

ThinkTink1

Mouseketeer
Ok, I need help lol!! I’ve been to St Thomas before, but stayed in an Airbnb and we only went to Coki Beach 👎🏼 and snorkeled on this itty bitty beach at the place we stayed (which was amazing and why we didn’t go anywhere else) what I am looking for is recommendations for snorkeling using DCL PA… with Covid and everything like that I don’t want to have something happen and miss the boat because I went on my own… Thank you for any advice or recommendations!!!

I've taken the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (ST21) excursion a couple times and really enjoyed it. The boat crews are always a lot of fun, the snorkeling is pretty good (not great) and the rum punch on the return trip is wonderful.

We have never been to St. Thomas, but we selected the Sapphire Beach, Snorkel, Swim, and Island Drive. It looks like it will just be from 8-noon, and we figured we might come back and get cleaned up and just check out what is near the port, or just spend the afternoon on the ship.

We've done Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Cove & Honeymoon Beach (ST43). It got a little choppy in the schooner on the way to Turtle Cove (some people weren't feeling too well), but was a great excursion overall. I wish they were in port a couple of hours longer to make it worth the trip over to St. John. We've only been able to do it on non-DCL cruises. If you only will get 2 hours on the beach in St. John it's not worth it. If you can get at least 4 hours, that's they way to go.

We have never been to St. Thomas, but we selected the Sapphire Beach, Snorkel, Swim, and Island Drive. It looks like it will just be from 8-noon, and we figured we might come back and get cleaned up and just check out what is near the port, or just spend the afternoon on the ship.

The water at Sapphire Beach is beautiful - the color is actually sapphire. There is a large area of coral, so a good amount of fish viewing available. It’s not as large a beach as Magen’s Bay, but great for snorkeler’s.

You could reasonably go on your own. Grab a taxi (think van) and head to Lindquist Beach. Clear, aquamarine water. Shower /bath house. Uncrowded! Admission is about $5. No concessions.

Otherwise, Magen’s Bay is a mike long, sheltered bay with su or shade, picnic tables, bath houses, concessions - including bar runners. Enough space where you could easily social distance. You can taxi here, too.

Water Island with its Honeymoon Beach (not the one on S John), is a cute little beach. Boats will moor in the water. Concessions. Probably a bathroom.

Ok, I need help lol!! I’ve been to St Thomas before, but stayed in an Airbnb and we only went to Coki Beach 👎🏼 and snorkeled on this itty bitty beach at the place we stayed (which was amazing and why we didn’t go anywhere else) what I am looking for is recommendations for snorkeling using DCL PA… with Covid and everything like that I don’t want to have something happen and miss the boat because I went on my own… Thank you for any advice or recommendations!!!

We’ve arrived in St Rhomas bay via cruise twice
First time St John and the national park on our own. Super easy to do. and the next time walked to areal tram and then taxi to Trunks Bay and then back to ship when we were done.
If there ever was a place to go on your own it’s St Thomas. People speak English, currency is USD and your iPhone works domestic without roaming.
Fun fact. The series finale of Game of Thrones happened while we were on the Fantasy. No amount of begging would cause Disney to show it. We brought our Apple TV connected it to the stateroom TV and then connected it to iPhones WiFi and streamed it after we got back from trunks bay and before ship departed.

I've taken the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (ST21) excursion a couple times and really enjoyed it. The boat crews are always a lot of fun, the snorkeling is pretty good (not great) and the rum punch on the return trip is wonderful.

I did that one as well a few years ago, and loved it!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter