• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with room selection for Boardwalk

DreamDisneyGirl

Mouseketeer
First time staying at Boardwalk villas...one bedroom preferred view. I went through David’ DVC rental, so I’m looking for help on what are the best one bedroom locations with preferred views. So excited to do the online checkin, but not sure what to put down as our preferences 😁. Family of four (no small children), so stairs not a problem. Celebrating my 50th birthday at the most magical place!

I suspect you mean the Garden/Pool View not Boardwalk View? These are separate booking categories but both fall in "preferred" in a general sense.

This was my view last week. I requested close to stairs. It was great. We were in between Luna and quiet pool but had a view of quiet pool. Close to parking, and had a choice of which pool to go to. 10 minute walk to HS, and less to EPCOT.

View attachment 550210
This was my view last week. I requested close to stairs. It was great. We were in between Luna and quiet pool but had a view of quiet pool. Close to parking, and had a choice of which pool to go to. 10 minute walk to HS, and less to EPCOT.
Thank you! would you share what room number, so I know what area to ask for?

View attachment 550210
Did it bother you being upside down all week?

Just kidding, that room location sounds exactly what we would look for as well. We ended up reserving a garden/pool view based solely on availability. Our view is actually not super important to us, much more interested in easy access.

BWV is laid out in a strange fashion. Higher floors sometimes have better views. Lower floors tend to be more convenient - especially if you can take a flight or two or stairs. Farther down the hall tends to have better views - closer to the lobby tends to be more convenient. There is only one set of elevators - near the lobby - and the hallways can seem very long - so those that are stroller or ECV dependent sometimes like being close to the lobby. The first floor opens up to the Boardwalk. The lobby is on the second floor and opens up to the bus stop and parking. So there is little chance you'll not be taking stairs and/or the elevator quite a bit.

I have had ONE request met at BWV in 20 years of trips there, so be realistic in your expectations on getting a request met. But I will say that as it turns out, being on a middle level floor, halfway down the hallway gets you some of the convenience and some of the view and actually turns out to be pretty nice - especially if you can take a flight or two of stairs - but don't want to take four or five flights of stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter