Help with San Diego itinerary

Adding to the June gloom concept, the gloom does not always happen in June and June does not always have gloom! But when it does happen the PP is quite right that it tends to dissipate by noon. Basically do not worry about it too much. And the water temperature will be, uhhh, refreshing. ;)

So true - we also have "May Gray" and my DH and I were just today trying to think of a term that rhymes with April!

"Refreshing" - yes, that's the word for it, ha ha.

OP, I completely agree with Hydroguy - just wanted to encourage you to have a loose schedule because June weather is unpredictable - the afternoons are almost always glorious - just never can rely on the mornings!

So true - we also have "May Gray" and my DH and I were just today trying to think of a term that rhymes with April!

"Refreshing" - yes, that's the word for it, ha ha.

OP, I completely agree with Hydroguy - just wanted to encourage you to have a loose schedule because June weather is unpredictable - the afternoons are almost always glorious - just never can rely on the mornings!
What about rhymes for July and August too! They have gloom fairly often especially as you get closer to the coast.

I remember very well my last summer in San Diego in the early 90's. It was not a typical summer for gloom but it did happen. I left for work at about 7AM and I remember every day that whole summer had morning gloom (marine layer) when I left. Except for two days. Most days it dissipated but many days it did not. I love San Diego but think they exaggerate when they talk about how many sunny days they have. If the sun peaks out for 5 minutes at some point does that make it a sunny day? :laughing:

Most days it dissipated but many days it did not. I love San Diego but think they exaggerate when they talk about how many sunny days they have. If the sun peaks out for 5 minutes at some point does that make it a sunny day? :laughing:

I think you've nailed it! Especially along the coast.

Two nights ago the weatherman had a quiz about what is the sunniest month in San Diego - turned out the answer was November! :confused3 My DH and I looked at each other and thought the same thing you are saying - what exactly is the criteria for sunniest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter