Help with scanning photos to upload

klombar

Old timer
What settings work best. I've tried a couple times and the image is either way to big or way to small. I figured I'd just ask the experts instead of guessing.

Thanks for any help everyone.

I'm not sure what you mean by settings.With my scanner I can choose to scale it up or down by a percentage or exact dimensions before I send it to the program of my desire for editing. What options does it give you?

I think I should give the instruction book a once over and then look for help. I need to find that area before I send it to editing program.

Thanks for everyones patience I still have a ton to learn and I know I can always get great help here.

Thanks Dan I will be back for help.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Klombar,

Usually, for scanning pictures, I use pixels for width - 480x640, and dpi of 300. Make sure you say to maintain the ratio (that means that whatever you set the width or height to, the other will adjust to fit the same shape).

Then I export it as a .jpg file.

For use here on the DIS, I recommend a width of perhaps 500, and scanning w/dpi of 150 (I think that's what I used). That will take up less space when you upload to the web. If the picture is too grainy, then use more dpi, and export it to .jpg.

Let us know if this helps or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter