Help with SIM card in america.

DaniB1234

Earning My Ears
So i've been looking into using uber for my travel in america but obviously don't want to be paying ridiculous amounts for my data when trying to get my lift him. Will this sim card work? https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/international-sim/

It says I can top up £10 & I get 3000 O2 texts and 100MB data (I will only be using the data though) I have an old smartphone linked to o2 which I'm planning on downloading uber/lyft on and just using it for booking the transport - do you think it would work? If not are there any other options I could try?

I'm an O2 customer normally but for our trip last month we used the Three 'Feel At Home' and I'd highly recommend it. It's generally regarded as the best for use abroad at the moment.

Simply order a free sim from the Three website and top it up with £10 before you go.

We found most places have free wi-fi now but we did have to use the 3G on occasion to get an Uber ordered.

I'm an O2 customer normally but for our trip last month we used the Three 'Feel At Home' and I'd highly recommend it. It's generally regarded as the best for use abroad at the moment.

Simply order a free sim from the Three website and top it up with £10 before you go.

We found most places have free wi-fi now but we did have to use the 3G on occasion to get an Uber ordered.

yeah that looks like a much better deal - gonna look into getting my phone unlocked.

Hi

As a company we buy lots of these phones, we don't use them as phones (don't ask) however I can vouch for their data connection

Doogee X5 There all over ebay

They're £45.00 each look great and are dual sim so I was thinking of taking a couple to the US with my regular sim and a three one that way I get my calls and can use the Three sim for outgoing. I'll have a play and see how if it will work that way and let you know if interested, I'll try the camera too?

At £45 I'm less worried about losing it instead of a £600 Samsung

Regards

Paul

I always buy a US SIM card from simcardguru to put in my last generation phone, so that I have an American number for emergencies plus a decent amount of data. Actually lately we've been buying one each for DH and myself so that we can keep in touch. We buy and activate it before we leave so that we don't have to waste time trying to find a shop that sells sim only before we get there.

I'm going on a 5 night trip next year so it might be worth looking at the deal from three as it could be cheaper than getting the US sim for that short a time. But if you're going for longer it might be worth checking them out. That's way you're all set before you go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter