Help With Surprise! I Would Love Your Thoughts.

MiniGooMom

Earning My Ears
Taking my son to Disneyworld for his seventh birthday. The thing is, we are not telling him before that he is going to Disneyworld.

So, we are trying to figure out how to surprise him and when to spill the beans. We have already told him that we will be going to a hotel in SLC for his birthday (since he really likes staying at hotels, I am a bad mom and let him jump on the bed, order room service and stay up late watching Disney Channel). He is super pumped about just getting a weekend in SLC to go shopping and the hotel.

We figured we would just get him up and get him ready for the plane ride (another thing he loves doing) direct from SLC to ORD. I have a shirt for him that says "I'm Going to Disneyland" with a plane and Mickey Mouse that I could lay out for him, but I am not sure we want to tell him at that point. We have discussed just letting it go and seeing how long it takes him to figure out where we are traveling to.

What are your thoughts?? Do you have any ideas?? Should we just get on Magical Express and let him figure it out? So many ideas are appealing... especially the one of seeing how long it takes him to figure it out.

I would love suggestions.

We're planning something similar for Nov15. We're just going to tell the kids they're not going to school that morning & we're going on an adventure. Our kids will be 12 & 8 on this trip and they like surprises.

We'll see how their fall schedules shape up. If they have conflicts (games, school activities) we'll probably make up a cover story (we're flying to Maryland to see your great Aunt so-and-so) so they are prepared for missing games, etc.

I like the big reveals for younger kids, but my kids love mysteries & figuring things out. Knowing them, they will probably have it figured out before we get to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter