Help with Touring Plan for AK 2/18

goingtotheworld

Earning My Ears
I know it's going to be a busy day...touring plans is listing crowds as 10 out of 10. Please tell me if this plan is realistic, assuming I can get the FP's we want (Staying offsite so our window is not open yet.)

Our group: Myself, hubby, and the kids 13 & 16 years old.

Park hours 9am - 8pm

Arrive by 8:15

Na'vi
Safari
EE w/FP
Primeval Whirl
Lunch - Pizzafari
Marahara
Break @ Resort
Return by 3:30
FOLK (4:00-4:30)
Dinner - Flame Tree
Gorilla Falls
Safari w/FP (target 5:30-6:30)
ROL w/FP 7:15 showtime

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi there!

I do not wish to discourage you at all. However, I will say the Pandora rides have still been having wait times of over 1.5 hours on most days. A friend of mine was there recently and stated that even with a fast pass for Na'vi she had to wait upwards of an hour, while the regular wait was at 2.5 hours. It's still very new and popular so just keep that in mind. I truly hope it works out for you, just remember to be flexible! Plus, if you don't get to do everything it gives you an excuse to visit Disney again. :)

I think it looks okay. The vast majority will be headed to FoP in the morning, so you should be fine for Navi. Honestly, I'd probably show up at 8:45, because by then, they should have started moving the FoP people in, and you can hopefully head to Na'vi without waiting in the FoP mess. But I also have been on Na'vi and wouldn't care one bit if it happened that the line was long and we had to skip it. It's just okay imo.

Do you have a plan to try to do FoP? With kids those ages, I may just grind my teeth and plan to be there at 7:45 to try to RD FoP. It's pretty awesome. Or try to get in line after RoL.

Plan to use mobile ordering for your meals, unless you're on DDP and can't. Mobile ordering is so convenient! We like Flame Tree and Pizzafari, but Satuli Canteen is really fantastic!

With the age of your kids, I'd definitely be headed back over to Pandora to ride FoP after RoL. It's an awesome ride!

I wouldn't go back to the resort since it closes at 8:00. Way to many things to do there. Will you be going a second day? We spend 2 full days at AK.

I wouldn't go back to the resort since it closes at 8:00. Way to many things to do there. Will you be going a second day? We spend 2 full days at AK.

Actually, park closes at 9:00. I wonder if OP just reversed them. Park hours are 8:00-9:00, not 9:00-8:00.

But I'm with you. At that time of year, there's no need for an afternoon break unless you have littles that need a real nap in a real bed instead of a stroller nap.

Park hours probably hadn't been updated to 8 AM opening or 9 PM closing when the OP posted on Jan 1. That happened more recently! Hope they were lurking when all the extra FP for FOP became available about a week ago also.

A lot has happened since my original post. Park hours have changed and I have my FP's. I have kids with medical challenges so we plan for the break and if we don't need it then it's a bonus! No FOP for us this time around. Our new plan:

Arrive 7:15
Safari
Gorilla Falls Trail
FotLK - 10:00 show (line up at 9:30)
Maharajah Jungle
Lunch - Flame Tree
Break - Return by 4:00
Dinner - Pizzafari
Na'vi w/FP (4:55-5:55)
Safari w/FP (5:55-6:55)
Primeval Whirl
EE (Single Rider Line)
ROL w/FP (7:50-8:05)
Return to Pandora to see it at night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter