Help with transfers from Universal to Disney with a toddler?

ocalla

DIS Veteran
First time going to both Uni and Disney with a toddler, flying in, how do you manage the car seat? We have Universal shuttle from airport to Royal Pacific, 2 days in parks over there so don't need them for bus trips...then after spending day in park on last day we head over to check into Disney. Here is where the problem is! Do you just bite the bullet and haul the carseat from home, on the plane and shuttle to be used in uber or lyft for getting to Disney? Mears offers a transfer but the times they offer aren't working if we want to spend later day in the park.

HELP!!

We always rent a car so we do lug the carseat and then gate check it. It is very annoying and can't wait until DS is only in a booster.

It would be a major hassle to take the car seat for that one transfer. Im not sure of other options if Mears isn't possible.

Do any Uber/Lyft drivers have carseats available? I would think maybe in Orlando some would but not sure. You would also probably have to wait longer.

First time going to both Uni and Disney with a toddler, flying in, how do you manage the car seat? We have Universal shuttle from airport to Royal Pacific, 2 days in parks over there so don't need them for bus trips...then after spending day in park on last day we head over to check into Disney. Here is where the problem is! Do you just bite the bullet and haul the carseat from home, on the plane and shuttle to be used in uber or lyft for getting to Disney? Mears offers a transfer but the times they offer aren't working if we want to spend later day in the park.

HELP!!
In Orlando, it's usually pretty easy to find an Uber with a car seat.

I've wondered if Uber/Lyft car seats were more common in the Orlando area.

We have only done Uber once before, many years ago, so please don't laugh.....but if I pull up the ap in the Universal area, will there be a place to NOTE that I have to have a rear facing baby car seat?

I've wondered if Uber/Lyft car seats were more common in the Orlando area.

We have only done Uber once before, many years ago, so please don't laugh.....but if I pull up the ap in the Universal area, will there be a place to NOTE that I have to have a rear facing baby car seat?

You're not guaranteed type of seat in Uber. (also some of their car seats are a little worse for the wear, I tolerated them for resort to resort, but I wouldn't feel safe using some of them from Universal to Disney).
I would price out either a black car service or schedule a pickup with mears and note with either one of them you need a rear facing car seat. You'll have to do the install yourself.

We have booked a Mears car with car seats. They offered both rear and front facing (we needed both). But once we had a driver arrive without the car seats so if you go that route I recommend calling that day to confirm you’ll get a car with the seat you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter