Help with trip planning (Emeril's and other questions)

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
My husband and I are thinking about trying Emeril's on our next florida trip. We are flying in on Dec 28th, landing at 9:45AM. Hope to check into Portofino, drop off our luggage, and spend the day at Universal Studios. With their front of the line thing, do you think we could see everything we want to see between say around noon when we would get to the park and a lateish dinner at Emeril's, maybe 9pm? (say leave the park at 8pm in order to freshen up back at the room). I know Emerils fills up and since we would want to go there the saturday night between christmas and new year's, I feel like we should make our reservation early. How soon do they begin accepting reservations at Emeril's? I don't want to call and seem like a fool!

After a wonderful night at PBH, we are going to spend the next day at Islands of Adventure. Mythos seems to be the next most popular restaurant so we are thinking of going there for lunch. Will probably plan a late dinner at WDW that night. Are there any nighttime activities (on a sunday night during the holiday season) that we might want to plan for at IoA? For that matter, are there any at USF that we might want to see rather than go to Emeril's?
Would we be better off just having a light lunch and getting dinner at Mythos and then seeing some nighttime show there? How far in advance can I make Mythos reservations (do they take them?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lisa

You could certainly hit the highlights at Universal. I don't know how late they're open that time of year.

Hi Lisa,
I've eaten at Emeril's twice and absolutely loved it both times. I had vegetable entrees as I'm a vegetarian and they were delicious. Most recent was roasted vegies over risotto. The potato soup was rich and creamy. The breads were an assortment of wheat with walnuts, green olive bread and sourdough rolls, each one better then the next. Banana cream pie for dessert was perfection. While I've never tried Mythos my sis had a less then favorable review. I realize most of the DIS'ers love this place but I'll pass along her feedback. The salmon was fishy, the Caesar salad came with packaged dressing on the side, the kid's raviolis tasted like canned. Only positive was that the food was presented nicely. Can't help you with your other questions. Guess I'd just recommend Emeril's over Mythos hands down.

Emeril's takes reservations 6 months in advance.
We tried to make reservations for our October visit in February and they told us to call back in April.

I would suggest you call them in June or July :)

We just got back and you could definitely do a lot at Universal prior to a late dinner at Emeril's. We got to the park about 11 am and did everything we wanted except Kongfrontation, including 2 trips on MIB, Animal Planet show, Ghostbusters show and left the park at 3 pm. We went to the pool for an hour, then left to go eat (our ressies were early).

You will love Emeril's. We sat at the food bar and had a blast. Food was excellent. I had the veal, husband had the duck and everything was great, especially the service. I would definitely call in June to make sure you get the seating time you want. They will ask you to call and reconfirm the day prior to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter