Help with Wait List Strategy

susan137

DIS Veteran
For an upcoming October stay I need to wait list 3 nights at BCV - Thursday, Friday & Saturday. From what I've read, I will break these nights into 2 separate wait lists.

My question is...which 2 nights should I clump together to give me the greatest chance of the wait list coming through?

Wait list 1 - Thursday Night and Wait list 2 - Friday/Saturday Night
or
Wait list 1 - Thursday/Friday Night and Wait list 2 - Saturday Night

I realize my chances for these nights are kinda slim, but just trying to increase my odds by clumping the right nights together.

Susan

IMO it won't matter, it's only a guess that someone will cancel your exact nights and/or that the resort may release blocked rooms for the refurbishment.

:earsboy: Bill

I'd do Friday & Saturday together. Good luck!

Book any nights that are available and waitlist the rest. And stalk the site numerous times a day:)

I look at this differently. I would make a decision on when I would want to move if only ONE of those waitlists gets filled.

In your first scenario, if Thursday fills, you pack up and go somewhere else for two nights OR if Friday/Satuday fills you need to be somewhere for just one night, Thursday night.

In your second scenario, if only Thursday/Friday fills, you will pack up to go somewhere for Saturday night. If Saturday fills, you have to be somewhere for Thursday/Friday.

You don't mention if you will be anywhere before and after those days you need to waitlist and where you would be for those days, but I would be thinking how many times do I want to pack up and move.

Thanks for all of your helpful responses!

I have decided to wait list Thursday night and then Friday/Saturday together.

We are at Poly for 5 nights prior and that reservation is all set with no wait list. Got it right at the 7 mo window (we own AKL).

Wish me luck :-)

Thanks for all of your helpful responses!

I have decided to wait list Thursday night and then Friday/Saturday together.

We are at Poly for 5 nights prior and that reservation is all set with no wait list. Got it right at the 7 mo window (we own AKL).

Wish me luck :-)
I'd do Thursday night then Fri/Sat if you don't get anything when you try online. If you get anything, I'd change my wait list but how I'd change it would depend on which nights I got and when I got them. If you match Thursday on the WL, I'd then keep Fri/Sat and also list Fri. Just make sure you keep checking online for any nights that become available and you see them before the WL does. Cancel any WL applicable if you get other days on your own. Also keep in mind if you wait list as I've noted and are borrowing, you could end up matching both wait lists and having an extra night on borrowed points but you should be able to reallocate and bank other points unless you pass the banking window later.

I am waitlisting one night at BCV to add to my cash stay (didn't have enough points for whole stay No prob for 2 bed BCV with cash stay) what are the odds I will get that night Thursday before Memorial day weekend. I hope that one night is possible but no luck so far. Should I just book something else cash for all of the nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter