Help with walking from Holiday Inn South Walnut.

TraceyDisney2008

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have advice as to the fastest way (walking) to get from The Holiday Inn at 1240 South Walnut to the parks. Any shortcuts or parking trams we can use?

we are staying there for the first time in December :rainbow:
i heard it’s a long block walk to magic way then you hit security between what used to be ESPN and Rainforest Cafe to downtown disney!
We have stayed at eden roc and best western on west katella several times and heard the walk is similar, fingers crossed!

Have stayed there quite a bit.

South on S Walnut, Left on Magic Way, Right on Pedestian Path that will drop you into DTD as mentioned above.

There are no short cuts though M&F Garage or the new parking structure. Double backing to Trams usually actually takes longer.

South on S Walnut, Left on Magic Way, Right on Pedestian Path that will drop you into DTD as mentioned above.

There are no short cuts though M&F Garage or the new parking structure. Double backing to Trams usually actually takes longer.
Thank you for the info, how long do you think the walk takes to get to the park gates.

Same as @ParkHopper1, we've stayed there a few times and that's the fastest way. Took us about 15- 20 max to walk it at a stroll. We've been super lucky and encountered no security line hold ups, but we've always gone extra early and had breakfast at Earl of Sandwich.

Would love an update on the rooms if you don't mind - We are looking at next November's booking and I felt that their rooms were looking worn (especially the b/rooms) last time and would love to know if they've been refreshed.

Have a great trip!

I wonder about that. Rather than taking the new Pedestrian Path, at the same location you can take stairs up to the Pedestrian Bridge, then escalator down to ground level, and security/tram loading is immediately on your left. Seems to me it is faster although I've never timed it. At least keep this in mind for the end of the day for when you will.not.want.to.take.one.more.step.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter