Help with which points to use

Rex1993

Mouseketeer
I really should know this but I'm feeling unsure so I want to be positive I'm not doing the wrong thing. We just closed on another VGC contract and the points have loaded. We want to make a reservation for February at VGC. Our use year is August and we have 265 UY2023 points on one contract right now that need to be used or banked by the end of this month. The contract we just bought has 155 UY2023 points that have already been banked. What is the best way to do this?

Unless you are absolutely certain that your are going to use those 265 2023 use year points for a trip that ends no later than July 31, 2024, you need to bank them by March 31.

If your next desired vacation is Feb 2025, You should probably bank those points immediately and look for a room at VGC to reserve now. All of those banked points from both contracts will have be used by July 31, 2025. If Feb is likely the only time you will be going before Aug 2025, you will need to use all those banked points for that Feb trip, and thus may consider getting more time or a larger room than usual, or both, for that Feb trip than you might otherwise have been considering to reserve.

Last edited:
The contract we just bought has 155 UY2023 points that have already been banked. What is the best way to do this?
Not sure exactly what you mean. Are these originally 2022 use year points that were banked into 2023? If so, they will expire on 7/31/2024 if not used before then.

If they are 2023 use year points that were banked into 2024 use year, then see @drusba's post above.

The 155 (UY2023) points were on the contract we just purchased. They were banked by the seller prior to closing pursuant to the sale contract.

We know we won't have any trips between now and August that aren't already on the books. The February 2025 trip is one we know we definitely want to take. We would love to burn some points on a Grand Villa but those never seem to be available for our timing.

I really should know this but I'm feeling unsure so I want to be positive I'm not doing the wrong thing. We just closed on another VGC contract and the points have loaded. We want to make a reservation for February at VGC. Our use year is August and we have 265 UY2023 points on one contract right now that need to be used or banked by the end of this month. The contract we just bought has 155 UY2023 points that have already been banked. What is the best way to do this?
Is the use year for 265 points is July-August?
What is the use year for the 155 points?

The 155 (UY2023) points were on the contract we just purchased. They were banked by the seller prior to closing pursuant to the sale contract.

We know we won't have any trips between now and August that aren't already on the books. The February 2025 trip is one we know we definitely want to take. We would love to burn some points on a Grand Villa but those never seem to be available for our timing.
So if the 155 points were August 2023 UY points that were banked into the 2024 use year prior to the contract closing they are now good from Aug 1st 2024- July 31st 2025 and are eligible to be used on your February 2025 trip.

You must bank the 265 points from your original VGC contract to the 2024 use year before 3/31/24 so that they can be used on your February 2025 trip.

If your 155 points were actually 2022 points that were banked by the previous owner into 2023, they will not be able to be used on your February 2025 trip although it doesn't sound like this is the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter