HELP!! Would you rather...

dizgirl5518

Earning My Ears
Choose your Magic Kingdom day on a Tuesday with level 4 predicted crowds, but pay extra for Early Morning Magic OR go on a Friday with Extra Magic Hours and the Halloween Party (we are not going to the party), but a predicted level 1 crowd day!

I've heard that the crowds at Magic Kingdom are extremely low during the day on party days, so I wasn't sure if it was worth paying extra for Early Morning Magic on another day.

Thanks so much :)

Depends. If you haven't been to MK in awhile, I would go on the Tuesday so that I could see Happily Ever After. If you go on the Halloween party day, crowds will be less in the morning (though if DVC can get in at 2 again this year it does get crowded a little earlier than it used to), but you will miss fireworks entirely.

Don't put much stock in the crowd calendars. They change as you get closer to your date, and they really don't mean much anymore.

Crowds can be a little lower on a party day but not enough to let that sway my decision as much as the fact that I'm "losing" hours of park time. I also really like the parks at night and you miss that on a party day when you're not going to the party.

If you want to see Wishes (fireworks), then go on Tuesday. EMM is less crowded than EMH. EMM is available to a much smaller group whereas EMH is open to anyone staying on property. Also, if you plan on staying late at a park on the night before either day (so on Monday or Thursday) you may not want to be up so early the following day.

Choose whichever day fits your overall plans better.

Last time I went on a party day, the crowds were very light and I was able to enjoy nearly twice as many attractions even though there were fewer hours. But this does not seem to be consistent enough that you can count on it, espcially since they put an EMH on the same date. I would agree with @SG131 and @EdnaMarieMode -- and choose Tuesday if you would like to see the evening spectacular, Happily Ever After. I didn't always love fireworks shows, but it's really worth seeing!

This is why I like to have park hoppers, but that doesn't make sense for everyone.

We went on a party day last summer and experienced low crowds, but it did start to get crowded in the afternoon as we were leaving.

Depends on how important it is for you to experience MK at night. We don't do the parties and we usually chill at the resort after dinner so we'd opt for EMH on Friday.:earsboy:

Why do you need to do EMM if it such a low crowd time? I would definitely rate the MK fireworks as a big highlight of our trip and would not have my only day at MK be one with no fireworks scheduled.

I would pay for the party and skip EMM. Halloween party is my favorite event at MK!

If you want to ride 7DMT over and over again, EMM is the best opportunity to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter