Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kkk

Earning My Ears
My aunts fiance and her might go to wdw.Its his first time and he has trouble walking,so does anyone have any tips to help him or keep him on his feet?Thanks!:goodvibes

My aunts fiance and her might go to wdw.Its his first time and he has trouble walking,so does anyone have any tips to help him or keep him on his feet?Thanks!:goodvibes

First, read the disABILITIES FAQ at the top of the board for some good information.

Second, WDW reccomends a wheelchair or ECV for mobility issues. There is A LOT of walking involved at WDW and it is hard enough on a fully healthy person, let alone somebody with mobility issues. From what I've read on here renting a chair or ECV off-property is usually a good idea. Not only can it be cheaper but he will be able to use the chair to help him out of the park and around the resort. After a long day in the park I doubt he'll feel like walking to the car or bus and back to their room.

And one general tip is that any group is only as happy as the least happy person in it.

So have everyone be prepared for the worst. So talk to him and take notes about what he'd like to do, his limits, his willingness to use an ECV, his signals that he's had enough, and what he'd like to have happen at that point.

To wait to cover that stuff while in the park is putting people in a position of negotiating when they are grumpy, tired and maybe in pain. Not a good recipe!!

::yes::
agree with the others. An ECV is a very good idea!

The typical visitor to WDW walks between 3 and 9 miles per day. Just the walkway along the water at World Showcase in Epcot is about 1.3 miles and it's at least that far to walk from the park turnstles to the entrance to World Showcase. If he has any trouble walking, he will use up all his energy just getting from place to place and he won't have any left for having fun.

the disABILITIES FAQs thread has a lot of information, including phone numbers and links for places to rent ECVs and wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter