• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!

Bobrow

Mouseketeer
I'm scheduled for DC,Aug 25. My 7 yr old broke his leg today! We are so looking forward to this you have no idea. He will be in one of those casts that can get wetbut not with sea water. When my other son broke his leg we had this rubber boot thing that you sucked the air out of it and he was able to go to the beach and in the ocean. Do you think they will still let us do everything atDC. Is there someone I can call? Also I'm trying to arrange for a wheelchair when we check in a t WDW,but thats not until 2 days after we arrive in orlando. We will be going to Sea world and Universal,do any of these places have wheelchairs for rent?

How far does the cast cover the leg? I'm not sure about DC, but he should be able to do pretty much everything at Sea World. The only rides I would worry about are Kraken and JTA. If he can bend his leg, I think he can fit into the seats. If not, then he will have to sit out. As for Wild Arctic, he can always do the stationary seat simulator.

Call Discovery Cove and talk to them. I don't know what they would need in proof that this happened (I'm guessing maybe a doctors note).. My son has broken BOTH of his arms.. you have my condolences.

As I have gone to DC, there is a lot water oriented. The aviary is nice, and he can do that. As for the water type things, snorkeling, and the stingrays/dolphin swim, well, find out what kind of cast and can it be covered.

My son's casts were NOT the waterproof kind. If he had to take a shower or do a swim lesson, his arms needed to be bagged up.

Call them and talk to them, let them know of the situation. Ask to talk to a supervisor, it doesn't hurt. Be nice and polite, and just tell them what happened. I have no idea what they would do, but *maybe* suggest a reduced price, or a certificate to come back... keep us updated.

Just called DC,the girl I spoke to just said that it would be up to my Dr. Iwill get a note from him. She didn't quite understand the cast cover thing as she said he would be totally submerged for the Dolphin swim and she thought it would get wet. This thing is vacuum sealed and does not get wet. Alittle bit of sea water would be okay actually as long as we rinse it off completly. She did not offer any discount or anything if he can't do the swim but put a note on our reservation. I'm sure there is a blessing in this somewhere! Thanks for all the help.

Well, the non dolphin swim price is cheaper than the all inclusive deal.. if he can't swim with the dolphins, well you maybe be entitled to the non swim price.

You do get submerged in the dolphin swim. I got up to chin level on me, and I am a grown adult.. there is a 9 foot water area.
pardon my ignorance, but will he have diffulculty floating?

The vest will keep him afloat, but I'm not sure if the cast will cause him to drag under.

I've never seen a cover like that.. lucky you. I did see some people in "sand" wheelchairs there at DC, so be sure to ask about them as well.

Best of luck with your son. As a parent of a seven year old boy as well, it's interesting isn't it? :D

Cindy,
Actually the cast is like a float. He went in our pool yesterday and had a hard time keeping it from floating up. Its a God send!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter