Help!!!!!!!!!

67JMJ

Earning My Ears
Well after months of planning for the Poly Conc. this May, we have to postpone our trip......I think I'm more upset than the kids(pathetic??). So here is were I need some input, when do we go? The hubby wants to wait till Sept, but I don't want to wait that long....any reviews on August?? Is the rain a nightmare? Is it too hot for the little ones to handle it? Park info....should I be patient and go in Sept....and what about the crowds....

Have I asked enough questions???? Not to mention that now that we are changing the dates, the conc. will be under construction......any details on the tahiti??

Thank you in advance for any input.....I really need it!!:confused:

I'm sorry you have to postpone your trip. Believe me I don't think you're pathetic for being upset I would be too. Anyway, if you don't have school issues to worry about I would actually wait until October to go. The weather is nice then and the crowds reasonable.

I agree. August is usually a little too hectic for my taste. A good rule of thumb is to stay away from WDW anytime that schools are out. If you're pushing it back that far you may want to consider going around the holidays. There's nothing better than WDW around Christmas :)

To answer the weather question - we have done WDW in August (and June) and it is definitely doable. The August trip was a land/sea the year DCL launched and we had to reschedule due to the delay in the launch. Once school resumed was not an option.

My kids were 8 & 10 at the time. We split the day and spent the hottest part back at the resort. Also we didn't try to rush.

During both summer trips we went prepared for lines but also tried to use as many of the tips such as going to a different park than the early opening park, etc. as possible. We really didn't have many long waits. For a couple of the more popular attractions we also used fast pass during the June trip.

Deb

If you can wait until Sept. I think that is a good time to go. Crowds are low ...if you can take the kids out of school. I believe the rates drop considerably.

I don't think I could handle the heat of the summer in Florida. We are going October 18-29. and will be going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have also been in December, and the weather was nice and the decorations were amazing. It is hard to wait, but it is worth the wait. If I could I would go right now, but I really want to go to MNSSHP. Good Luck on decideing when to go and I know you will have a wonderfull, magical trip no matter when you choose to go.

We did the week before Labor Day 2000 and it was great. If you can deal with the heat the crowds are not bad (I think most schools have gone back by then). The longest we waited in line was 15 minutes at Peter Pan. The rain was not bad. Yes it rained for a little bit almost every day, but we brought along light rain jackets that stuffed easily into my backpack and it didn't slow us down at all. We did have a 5 year old with us too and she didn't mind the rain at all.

I would definately not go in August. We went with a friend who was going to a training class and it was miserable. You can expect temperatures in the upper 90's with the humidity very high also. I live in the south and it was unbearable for me. Early Septermber is still warm, but not as bad.

Hope this helps.

I AGREE WITH EYEORELOVERFOREVER:
AUGUST IS TOO HOT - DECEMBER WAS BEAUTIFUL WITH ALL THE HOLIDAY TRIMMINGS BUT SOMETIMES TOO COOL FOR THE POOL- BUT OCTOBER IS JUST RIGHT!

HEY EYEORELOVERFOREVER - MY FAMILY WILL BE THERE FOR THE SAME DATES AS YOU THIS OCTOBER - I'LL BE WEARING MY GREEN RIBBON!

I'm not sure about the weather. But one thing is for sure- it's less crowded- because all of the kids are back at school. As a matter of fact- we were there for 2 weeks this past January & it was a ghost town... but CMs were making references to September saying how empty it is- if you think about it the least likely time for parents to take their kids out of school is right at the beginning of the year. We're going in September for that reason- once we expirienced the short lines & no waits at the restaurants we are spoiled! Have fun!!

If you are anxious to go, I can also say that the week or two before Labor Day are not at all busy. Also, rates go down after the 16th of August.

im sorry about you having to postpone! but i agree with some above, october would be really nice, especially even around Halloween. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the M.K is a total blast! I go every year, the children and even the adults dress up in costumes and trick or treat from 7:00pm to 12:00pm and its not just on Halloween, it extends to maybe Nov.1st and before the 31st. it's nice and cool there and not that many people, and its a 110% safe and not scary at all! and they can ride the rides as well! if you like that idea might want to call and ask about tickets now, they go fast! have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter