• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here is how you can best voice your displeasure (or approval) regarding the Genie/Genie+ Service

You'll be able to add Genie+ to your package for your length of stay!! If you've already booked a package, you'll even be able to modify it to include Genie+! We should be getting word soon on how to do that. Now, if you only want to add it for SOME days and not all of them, you will have to do that on a day-by-day basis.

That is good to know! Funny thing is I am actually an agent myself, but still in initial training so I haven't had the Genie+ training yet. :)

Ditto. It was a giant pain IMO. I hated having to run across the park to get my next FP. I like being able to book attractions from my phone from anywhere much better personally,
Don’t get me wrong, I was very happy when legacy Fastpass launched. It was great having a way to beat lines, but there were some cons. I feel Fastpass+ was a step up over legacy Fastpass and I’m hopeful Genie+ will once again be a bit better than the system it replaces.

I consider the Universal deluxe resorts to be very similarly priced to Disney deluxe resorts.
5 years ago when I planned my first trip to Universal, I would have agreed with this.
But the Disney deluxe resorts have gone up in price substantially during this time while the Universal resorts have not.
I was just looking at booking a week next August at Royal Pacific for an average of $257 per night. That price is more in line with a Disney moderate resort.

5 years ago when I planned my first trip to Universal, I would have agreed with this.
But the Disney deluxe resorts have gone up in price substantially during this time while the Universal resorts have not.
I was just looking at booking a week next August at Royal Pacific for an average of $257 per night. That price is more in line with a Disney moderate resort.
Yes, I checked recently as well and I was seeing similar prices. The last time we stayed at Universal was at least 5 years ago and back then they were more in line.

It may be I’m thinking of the discount rate I pay. I regularly use either the AP or Florida resident discount at Disney and have no issue getting a room at WL or Boardwalk for $230-270. Which is similar to what I pay for a Florida resident discount room at Universal.

Disney Genie video 1: 11000 thumbs down, 895 thumbs up : a 93% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 2: 18000 thumbs down, 1500 thumbs up : a 92% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 3: 7400 thumbs down, 776 thumbs up : a 91% disapproval rate

as of 8/27/21 12:01pm EST

That's 36400 thumbs down, 3171 thumbs up : a 92% overall disapproval rate :sad2:

This is the worst up/down % Disney has ever had on an official announcement, by far. I really hope they are paying attention and will rethink the details before implementation. I like the Genie part for first timers. From there its all downhill, especially for those who like/need to have a plan in advance. Then LL$ is just a horrible idea and where I think a majority of the dislike resides.

D

Ideas,
We know Disney thinks this is going to be the ticket for a extra added cost,

Question, if they don’t do this, what happens to Disney, the parks, and the company .
Would it be, they are going broke and will close down.
And for the guest , no other place to go, no other rides, no other parks.

I guess, I have to say, the answer would be ``no'', and all things will be the same.
Pay one price and stand in line, like it has been since the beginning , and no matter what they charge or change , it will be the same, as depending on “availability” has been the problem, a product with too many moderate income people.

Then what are they gaining but a extra 15 bucks and a getting the same thing ,

And just think of the extra cost, that is pricing the average income family’s out . And will never end, while Disney is trying to please the more fortunate.
Means Disney is getting all the more greedy, and will never end. We ain't
Seen nothing yet. .
With this geni and magic bands they know the moderate income are not staying in
In the expensive rooms, nor are they eating the expensive meals, and they know the rich won’t care about the extra 15 dollars, but like I said We ain't Seen nothing yet.
And eventually they will price you out. And just think,this all started way back when. with a little pat of butter.

And just think of the extra cost, that is pricing the average income family’s out .
Interestingly, they went with a TOTALLY OPTIONAL extra purchase being introduced INSTEAD of just raising prices across the board to "price people out". We're actually getting a deal because they didn't do the standard ticket price increase this summer. Thanks, Disney - that was really nice of you to do this year.

Interestingly, they went with a TOTALLY OPTIONAL extra purchase being introduced INSTEAD of just raising prices across the board to "price people out". We're actually getting a deal because they didn't do the standard ticket price increase this summer. Thanks, Disney - that was really nice of you to do this year.
Disney did raise prices across the board……they did this by using addition by subtraction method. Look at everything going away and prices did not adjust, I’ll use magical express as exhibit #1

I like leaving for my Disney vacation with my ADRs and FPs made. I was guaranteed these 3 attractions every day at X times, and if I wanted to make changes I could. I don’t like leaving attractions to 7am every day. Also I travel with a group, and we all have APs, if I’m understanding correctly, we can’t purchase for length of our resort stay, so we’re all going to have to purchase this each day of vacation? Ugh.

not to mention, Disney‘s execution of its tech programs for guests is historically awful. What makes anyone think it is up to the challenge of a completely new rollout? Im going to be a LOT less understanding of their IT screwups on a system I’m paying extra for.

I haven't read all the comments yet, but here's what I would happily pay for a fast pass service. Since they want me to use my phone all day instead work with People.
I want a system that let's me know what rides are near me and let me grab fast passes for any of those rides. Then I could potentially be spontaneous and quickly move from short line to short line.
I don't need more than 2-3 rides booked at a time, but I would pay for this.

My response is by giving my money to Universal and Sea World. And to the other theme parks in the area. It has been awhile since I’ve been to Busch Gardens

For me it is the pay extra for our super popular new rides on top of the Genie + that gets me. It’s not just one fee for everything

Last edited:
I received a reply email from Disney. No phone call. If we all keep this up and continue to email them, maybe we can make a difference. At the very least, I'd love to see Genie+ have ALL rides included. Do I hate paying for this? Yes. But paying and not getting the premium rides included??? Rip off.

And I did respond that we cut our December WDW trip in half and will spend that time at Universal, which is true. I was able to add an extra day and night and keep the price for the trip the same. That's the VALUE of Universal vs Disney. At least for now, until bunches of people switch to Universal and drive up demand and price.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are always evaluating and refining our offerings and creating new ideas to build upon Disney stories. This philosophy is in keeping with Walt Disney’s vision for continuing to grow and evolve, giving Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit. It is clear that you are passionate about our Resort, and I am glad that you took the time to share your perspective with us. Our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Although the Disney FastPass+ service will be retired, I hope you'll take a moment to read a little bit more about the flexibility and choices that the new Disney Genie Service will provide. Even for our expert Theme Park navigators, there are some really great features that will help you maximize your time and make the most of your day for free. Check out the video in the link I provided for more about that. You can choose from all of our new options such as the complimentary Disney Genie Service or the paid Disney Genie+ service, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.

This service was designed to allow our Guests to have more flexibility during their visit and includes features such as a personalized itinerary that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day, creating your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorite Attraction wait-times at a glance, and bringing existing planning features together in one place.

While we strive to keep our Guests’ experience fresh and unique throughout the years, our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Chris, thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Zupan
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

I did email them a week ago, and have not received a response at all. (On a side note, I've also emailed photopass 2x since our July trip re; missing ride photos with ZERO response).

Aside from the money grab, I HATE that I'll have to be up at 7am EVERY.DAY of my vacation to book rides. There should be some perk for on site guests, this was the last straw for me, and for the first time in almost 20 trips we will be staying off-site for our February 2022 trip... ZERO reason to stay on-site at that point. No ME, no luggage service, no pre-booking of ADR's or FP's.

I received a reply email from Disney. No phone call. If we all keep this up and continue to email them, maybe we can make a difference. At the very least, I'd love to see Genie+ have ALL rides included. Do I hate paying for this? Yes. But paying and not getting the premium rides included??? Rip off.

And I did respond that we cut our December WDW trip in half and will spend that time at Universal, which is true. I was able to add an extra day and night and keep the price for the trip the same. That's the VALUE of Universal vs Disney. At least for now, until bunches of people switch to Universal and drive up demand and price.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are always evaluating and refining our offerings and creating new ideas to build upon Disney stories. This philosophy is in keeping with Walt Disney’s vision for continuing to grow and evolve, giving Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit. It is clear that you are passionate about our Resort, and I am glad that you took the time to share your perspective with us. Our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Although the Disney FastPass+ service will be retired, I hope you'll take a moment to read a little bit more about the flexibility and choices that the new Disney Genie Service will provide. Even for our expert Theme Park navigators, there are some really great features that will help you maximize your time and make the most of your day for free. Check out the video in the link I provided for more about that. You can choose from all of our new options such as the complimentary Disney Genie Service or the paid Disney Genie+ service, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.

This service was designed to allow our Guests to have more flexibility during their visit and includes features such as a personalized itinerary that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day, creating your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorite Attraction wait-times at a glance, and bringing existing planning features together in one place.

While we strive to keep our Guests’ experience fresh and unique throughout the years, our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Chris, thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Zupan
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort
Sounds like the standard, form-letter response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter