• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here is how you can best voice your displeasure (or approval) regarding the Genie/Genie+ Service

When Disney designed the Disney Dollars in 1987,
Disney made a profit of 5.5 million dollars .
I probably have about $500 sitting in the drawer.

I always wonder about the profit from popcorn too…
Back when it was cash only … no way to track that income.

I received a reply email from Disney. No phone call. If we all keep this up and continue to email them, maybe we can make a difference. At the very least, I'd love to see Genie+ have ALL rides included. Do I hate paying for this? Yes. But paying and not getting the premium rides included??? Rip off.

And I did respond that we cut our December WDW trip in half and will spend that time at Universal, which is true. I was able to add an extra day and night and keep the price for the trip the same. That's the VALUE of Universal vs Disney. At least for now, until bunches of people switch to Universal and drive up demand and price.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are always evaluating and refining our offerings and creating new ideas to build upon Disney stories. This philosophy is in keeping with Walt Disney’s vision for continuing to grow and evolve, giving Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit. It is clear that you are passionate about our Resort, and I am glad that you took the time to share your perspective with us. Our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Although the Disney FastPass+ service will be retired, I hope you'll take a moment to read a little bit more about the flexibility and choices that the new Disney Genie Service will provide. Even for our expert Theme Park navigators, there are some really great features that will help you maximize your time and make the most of your day for free. Check out the video in the link I provided for more about that. You can choose from all of our new options such as the complimentary Disney Genie Service or the paid Disney Genie+ service, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.

This service was designed to allow our Guests to have more flexibility during their visit and includes features such as a personalized itinerary that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day, creating your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorite Attraction wait-times at a glance, and bringing existing planning features together in one place.

While we strive to keep our Guests’ experience fresh and unique throughout the years, our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that your comments are being shared with the appropriate Leadership as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Chris, thank you again for sharing your honest feedback. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Zupan
Sales & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort
It's word for word the same email response others have got as well. Disney does not care about guests' feedback. If they did, they would actually be listening to the negative feedback they are getting. They will only listen when it hurts their bottom line. If people start going to other vacation spots, Disney will start listening.
The ridiculous thing is, the upcharge isn't so large that it makes or breaks a vacation, BUT it's the straw that broke the camel's back scenario. So many little cuts to entertainment, perks, park hours etc... this was just enough is enough. I think Disney just thought they could keep doing these little add ons, or cost cuts and we would all just go along with it. I think they miscalculated here.
We are die hard Disney fans. When we go to Orlando, it's Disney bubble for us for over a decade, multiple trips per year. Not anymore. We own DVC, but have already, decided to use our points differently, and very little time in the parks anymore. We will also be going to Universal.... we have NEVER been. Unless something drastically changes and Disney course corrects, this will be the end of our Disney vacations.

It's word for word the same email response others have got as well. Disney does not care about guests' feedback. If they did, they would actually be listening to the negative feedback they are getting. They will only listen when it hurts their bottom line. If people start going to other vacation spots, Disney will start listening.
The ridiculous thing is, the upcharge isn't so large that it makes or breaks a vacation, BUT it's the straw that broke the camel's back scenario. So many little cuts to entertainment, perks, park hours etc... this was just enough is enough. I think Disney just thought they could keep doing these little add ons, or cost cuts and we would all just go along with it. I think they miscalculated here.
We are die hard Disney fans. When we go to Orlando, it's Disney bubble for us for over a decade, multiple trips per year. Not anymore. We own DVC, but have already, decided to use our points differently, and very little time in the parks anymore. We will also be going to Universal.... we have NEVER been. Unless something drastically changes and Disney course corrects, this will be the end of our Disney vacations.

All of this I just a crying shame.

Thinking of going to Disney world , but after reading some of the ideas of Disney changing many things, resulting in nothing less than greed. I have elected not to succumb Into their demise regarding, genie plus, lighting pass, as a magic express. And notice there is no guarantee, as It is based on availability only, which has been since the beginning. There has always been waiting standing in line at Disney, and it always will be.

I know many will get the idea that it is just a corporate move, and perfectly in agreement.

But My opinion you are a suckers for Disney, you know Walt wanted a nice place to go with the kids, eat good food and have a big time. At a reasonable price,

Well, in 1955, park admission cost $1, and attractions then cost $0.10 – $0.35.

Now what happened to that reasonable concept? For those who say inflation is a lie, I was 5 years old and at that time the dollar was not high. The movie shows cost a Quarter so Disney 4 times more. You could get admission and 14 rides for 4$ , used your tickets, each time and when they was gone you where done riding, and can never remember a line, just walked on.

Out of all the increases, the biggest story was that Disneyland Tickets will break $200 per person for the first time ever.

Well , greed, yes Disney is a nice fun place to go, but very difficult to enjoy with the prices set forth, with the Wealthy in mind. And wealth is the priority , Disney knows, by following your habits with your tickets and magic band, knowing the rich spend big on eats ,rooms and goods, but the rich do not appreciate standing in line with the likes of moderate income people , so the idea is to decrease that line by pricing the moderates out.

Because the moderates are budget minded , spending less accordingly.

Likewise the Rich spends more accordingly. So, Disney is going to make the wait lines attractive to the rich, by discouraging the moderates, though, of course, more cost.

Now, many may think this fine because it is Disney, you got to, pay up, to be there, prestige you know.

But they don’t realize what goes around comes around, meaning you will be affected eventually. Means those will have to buck up more until you can no longer do it .

But the idea is just get rid of any one who can not afford, so only the Rich can attend. And sooner or later that will be you, Placing you in the cheap seats.

What can you do, not a damn thing, just let them have the damn place,

And go somewhere else, and be glad.

I am going to sell my shares, because if these meaningless reductions are needed by Disney to make ends meet, is an indication of failing times ahead.

All of this I just a crying shame.

Thinking of going to Disney world , but after reading some of the ideas of Disney changing many things, resulting in nothing less than greed. I have elected not to succumb Into their demise regarding, genie plus, lighting pass, as a magic express. And notice there is no guarantee, as It is based on availability only, which has been since the beginning. There has always been waiting standing in line at Disney, and it always will be.

I know many will get the idea that it is just a corporate move, and perfectly in agreement.

But My opinion you are a suckers for Disney, you know Walt wanted a nice place to go with the kids, eat good food and have a big time. At a reasonable price,

Well, in 1955, park admission cost $1, and attractions then cost $0.10 – $0.35.

Now what happened to that reasonable concept? For those who say inflation is a lie, I was 5 years old and at that time the dollar was not high. The movie shows cost a Quarter so Disney 4 times more. You could get admission and 14 rides for 4$ , used your tickets, each time and when they was gone you where done riding, and can never remember a line, just walked on.

Out of all the increases, the biggest story was that Disneyland Tickets will break $200 per person for the first time ever.

Well , greed, yes Disney is a nice fun place to go, but very difficult to enjoy with the prices set forth, with the Wealthy in mind. And wealth is the priority , Disney knows, by following your habits with your tickets and magic band, knowing the rich spend big on eats ,rooms and goods, but the rich do not appreciate standing in line with the likes of moderate income people , so the idea is to decrease that line by pricing the moderates out.

Because the moderates are budget minded , spending less accordingly.

Likewise the Rich spends more accordingly. So, Disney is going to make the wait lines attractive to the rich, by discouraging the moderates, though, of course, more cost.

Now, many may think this fine because it is Disney, you got to, pay up, to be there, prestige you know.

But they don’t realize what goes around comes around, meaning you will be affected eventually. Means those will have to buck up more until you can no longer do it .

But the idea is just get rid of any one who can not afford, so only the Rich can attend. And sooner or later that will be you, Placing you in the cheap seats.

What can you do, not a damn thing, just let them have the damn place,

And go somewhere else, and be glad.

I am going to sell my shares, because if these meaningless reductions are needed by Disney to make ends meet, is an indication of failing times ahead.

It's a big world out there.

We will no go back. Some, like us, will choose not to go back on principle of how Disney is not changing for the better. Some are just being priced out.
I to think the only reason I'M not going back soon is because of the global pandemic. I've grown up going to Disney every year. things always change, they're always scarey and I STILL GO BACK

I to think the only reason I'M not going back soon is because of the global pandemic. I've grown up going to Disney every year. things always change, they're always scarey and I STILL GO BACK
I still go regardless. Covid will be around for many more years and I'm not getting any younger. I just take the precautions and enjoy myself. There are a lot more risky places we could go to (such as the grocery store).

No matter what Disney does, anytime something changes there will be a chorus of people complaining... often legitimately. But it's still a great place and experience, and we'll adjust like we always do. I suspect Genie will be more popular than people expect. The 60 day fastpass reservations were absurd, yet people grew to love them. The same is likely to happen with this latest change.

Side note: I've noticed many people post that they're not going back, yet they said the same thing 2 years ago, 4 years ago, etc. Point is, they'll be back. :)

Disney Genie video 1: 11000 thumbs down, 895 thumbs up : a 93% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 2: 18000 thumbs down, 1500 thumbs up : a 92% disapproval rate
Disney Genie video 3: 7400 thumbs down, 776 thumbs up : a 91% disapproval rate

as of 8/27/21 12:01pm EST

That's 36400 thumbs down, 3171 thumbs up : a 92% overall disapproval rate :sad2:

This is the worst up/down % Disney has ever had on an official announcement, by far. I really hope they are paying attention and will rethink the details before implementation. I like the Genie part for first timers. From there its all downhill, especially for those who like/need to have a plan in advance. Then LL$ is just a horrible idea and where I think a majority of the dislike resides.

D

I grasp that you think this is an overwhelming statistic that WDW should be paying attention to. However, how many people don't log in? Or have thumbed down each video? Adding up numbers doesn't make each one of those a different person. Also it's laughable that those YT numbers represent Disney's fan base. Even this board doesn't. These threads are overwhelmingly negative about all the things and I do find myself wondering why some of you are even here.. or let this upset you that much. Don't go? Why let it stress you out or make you so upset. They aren't going to just all of a sudden go.. oh no we have a bunch of thumbs down, better drop this genie plan. That's not happening. Life is too short.

I sent a letter criticizing the for-cost Fast Passes (I know, that's not the right wording, but you know what I mean). Basically I said that with tickets at an all-time high /out of reach for many Americans, the for-cost reservations are nothing short of a money-grab. I received a form letter than said ... nothing.

I grasp that you think this is an overwhelming statistic that WDW should be paying attention to. However, how many people don't log in? Or have thumbed down each video? Adding up numbers doesn't make each one of those a different person. Also it's laughable that those YT numbers represent Disney's fan base. Even this board doesn't. These threads are overwhelmingly negative about all the things and I do find myself wondering why some of you are even here.. or let this upset you that much. Don't go? Why let it stress you out or make you so upset. They aren't going to just all of a sudden go.. oh no we have a bunch of thumbs down, better drop this genie plan. That's not happening. Life is too short.

The loudest voices and most active fans represent a very small percentage of overall guests. Those statistics are basically meaningless, especially since nobody has actually used the new system hands-on yet. And, negative voices are generally louder than positive voices.

Anytime there's a new piece of technology, there's going to be a group of people that claim they liked the old way better, both before and after using it. Ultimately, they'll adapt and life will go on.

The loudest voices and most active fans represent a very small percentage of overall guests. Those statistics are basically meaningless, especially since nobody has actually used the new system hands-on yet. And, negative voices are generally louder than positive voices.

Anytime there's a new piece of technology, there's going to be a group of people that claim they liked the old way better, both before and after using it. Ultimately, they'll adapt and life will go on.
I totally agree

I don’t know on this one. I know we’ve already canceled a reservation after writing a letter and getting a form letter back and I know about 8 other people who have canceled in the last few days. This one has really upset people. For lack of a better phrase, this is creating a severe class system that people are not liking, especially people like us with kids with medical conditions who can’t stand in the heat.

I agree. I'm baffled that someone would think that this is a meaningful statistic and continue to post it.

I don’t know on this one. I know we’ve already canceled a reservation after writing a letter and getting a form letter back and I know about 8 other people who have canceled in the last few days. This one has really upset people. For lack of a better phrase, this is creating a severe class system that people are not liking, especially people like us with kids with medical conditions who can’t stand in the heat.
Is there a reason you don't do the DAS?

I say bring back paper fast passes and let the hunger games begin again. You want that popular ride without a line you got to work for it! Any millennial can use thier phone lightening quick to grab rides at 7am but let’s let them run the paper fast pass gauntlet!

seriously. I would maybe. Maybe like it a bit better if you could do them the day before at maybe 4 pm. That way I can take care of my next days start while waiting to go out for dinner at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter