Here now 4/28-5/5 lower crowds, longer lines

kstand

Mouseketeer
Epcot yesterday felt quite crowded, Land 40 min standby, Nemo and Figment 25 min in afternoon. MK today walkways not bad at all until late afternoon, but lines pretty long starting early on. As noted recently, rides are running at lower capacity (one side Thunder, skipping ride vehicles when loading).

I've been kind of shocked hearing lots of CM's standing around complaining amongst themselves over long hours, lots of observable eye-rolling attitudes from CM's. Not much "have a magical day!", more "keep moving", "stay left", "use both sides" apathy. It's kind of disconcerting and doesn't feel quite "Disney-ish" of old.

Having fun anyway, 3 extra Anytime FP sure helped today after Fort Wilderness had lots of trouble with our cabin's door lock and linking our magic bands at check in.

I'm noticing that by keeping up with the DIS, I know more than most CMs, they don't seem to be getting trained well or something. It often seems almost like when you ask a question, they just guess or make up an answer. Maybe reading DISboards should be a required part of training.

It's close to Summer and some colleges are letting out already. Sounds like that is the Summer temporary help you are experiencing.

We weren't in the parks Sat (wait times did look pretty high) but wait times seemed really reasonable at MK for us yesterday. BTMR was busier than expected at RD but Splash was down. We did see empty logs going on Splash but we rode right after it came on line again and they were putting red and green canvas markers on the front of the logs so I assumed they weren't completely back to normal ops yet. The CMs we met were very friendly but obviously that varies a lot by the random chance of who you meet.

Hope you have a better day today. We're RDing DHS. JTA here we come.

We weren't in the parks Sat (wait times did look pretty high) but wait times seemed really reasonable at MK for us yesterday. BTMR was busier than expected at RD but Splash was down. We did see empty logs going on Splash but we rode right after it came on line again and they were putting red and green canvas markers on the front of the logs so I assumed they weren't completely back to normal ops yet. The CMs we met were very friendly but obviously that varies a lot by the random chance of who you meet.

Yes, I agree, the lines at MK were definitely not bad overall, I think they just seemed disproportionate to how low the actual "walking around" crowds felt. And yes, big thunder was slow at RD, I wish they'd opened both sides. unfortunately we got stuck there then right after at splash just as they were having difficulties there. Just some early bad luck for us. Have fun at HS today! We're at EPCOT, letting the kids sleep in first.

Maybe yesterday was busy at EP bc it was a weekend at F&G festival? Maybe locals were checking it out?

OP- Thanks for the update!

PrincessWithABlaster, can you let me know if the store near JT still does Build your Own Lightsabers? This is an absolute top priority for my 2 DS 7&4 and we'll be there in 10 days!!

Those are long waits for those rides. Especially Figment - we usually walk on that ride.

I've seen Figment with 35 minute waits before. On our last trip (early Feb 2018), the line was so long that the CMs set up rope queue lines along side the building, to the right of the door, and there were plenty of people in them!

The parks were very crowded on our last trip. So much so that we didn't have a good time.

I've seen Figment with 35 minute waits before. On our last trip (early Feb 2018), the line was so long that the CMs set up rope queue lines along side the building, to the right of the door, and there were plenty of people in them!

The parks were very crowded on our last trip. So much so that we didn't have a good time.

We really enjoy Figment. Such a catchy tune. But when the line is long for that ride - DW must be crowded. We don't enjoy it when it is too crowded either.

I was there in late January/early Feb this year and I agree, it was so unexpectedly crowded that it took some of the fun out of it for us too. Everything seemed to have a long line. And it was so crowded that when I was sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland, people were actually walking on me/stepping on me. That was frustrating.

As others have mentioned, Disney adjusts staffing for the crowds, so even if there are fewer people in the park, the waits are always pretty consistent. I think this is part of what we experienced this our last trip and decided it's not as worth it to go during a "lower crowd" time if it means taking the kids out of school because it doesn't really feel all that different from more crowded times (not insane, but crowded) as far as waiting for rides or food are concerned. We're going to try summer next -- we'll see how that goes!

We were at MK Saturday. I didn't realize it was Dapper Day. Nor did I realize what a crowd that attracts! It was really hard to maneuver around, yet waits did not seem that out of whack. We had enough of the crowds after lunch and got out of there. I'm noting to not return on Dapper Day.

Here now too. Last minute visit booked very recently. Was able to get some good fast passes, added a nite as it was only way to get FP for FOP. Worth it to me.
Visited AK yesterday, did not like the new bird show.. felt dummed down significantly, we actually left midway. Loved FOP, walked around, saw Rivers of light FP, I’d personally say... show up late and they were just getting everyone in without having to sit and wait forever like we did. Lovely show, but would have likely enjoyed it more if the wait before show wasn’t so long. Live n learn.
Disney springs seems like an outdoor upscale mall to me. Loved jewelry shops, but most of other stores near me, so really not interested. Ate at Rick Bayliss restaurant ( forgot name sorry) Very yummy food and we enjoyed it greatly.
We walked into the bird show, safari was 30 standby, ... lots of relaxing tho I got in my 13k steps lol.
Yummy snacks, good interactions with CM’s too. Resort (POR) preferred, okay, noticed changes after many visits here..will update at later date.
Enjoy, for those that are also here, and to all else... lovely day to you too!

PrincessWithABlaster, can you let me know if the store near JT still does Build your Own Lightsabers? This is an absolute top priority for my 2 DS 7&4 and we'll be there in 10 days!!

I'm sorry, I didn't see this until tonight or I would have looked for you. I know they have build a Droid but I don't know about lightsaber.

Actually we went on ST one more time. There was no build your own lightsaber and Tattoine Traders. Sorry. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter