• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now!!!!! 8/2-8/14 CBR

jsrj21

Frathouse
Well I've never done a pre-trip or post-trip report but I just felt the need to share my thoughts of our first 5 days at WDW. Just want to preface by saying that I cannot guarantee that I'll respond to questions as we do so much that my time checking will be limited to late evenings or every other day in the evening before bedtime. I apologize in advance.

My biggest concern before my trip was FP+ and DTD [because we eat there quite a bit] and the traffic/parking issue. I'll touch on all points.

FP+ - OMG have I been pleasantly surprised :thumbsup2. We've been on every major attraction at every park and have waited no more than 10 minutes. We got on BTM and SDMT in less than 5 minutes with our FP. I had one hiccup at Soarin' where my band flashed "blue" [not a good thing] but the CM took care of it by "resetting" my MagicBand. What I did just for kicks was to check the time I scanned the MagicBand at the attraction and then checked again when i physically got on the ride. It's been real quick. They actually had technical issues at test Track and had to close the ride. My FP's had expired but since the ride was down, they honored them and again....less than 10 minute wait.
I've switched FP's around to accommodate our plans and have had no issues. The only thing that's bugged me a little [pun intended] is that the MDE app logs me out and I have to re-log in. No biggie in the grand scheme of things but just a note. So overall, for our first 5 days, FP+ has been great.

Crowds - I posted on another thread but the crowds have been relatively low for what I remember in August. We arrive at MK at 9:45pm and watched Wishes from the flagpole near Walt's Bench with room to spare. I was looking around as if we'd done something wrong. So nice for a change....

CBR - Remodeled rooms are nice [we're in Jamaica]. Personally, I would rather have the tropical bright colors but they're new and smell good. They used much more dark brown and clayish color schemes. The beds seem bigger and they've added a small drop-down bed. So technically, you could sleep five in a room [at least in the room we're in]. By the way, not all rooms have been remodeled. They are working on them and will continue for a while....very big resort.

Food - Had dinner at Yachtsman for the first time.....BEST STEAK I'VE EVER HAD...enough said!

Have 6 more days of fun in the sun. I'll report back when possible. Hope this helps someone with their planning or anxiety with FP+. I know I was but it's actually very easy. Ciao!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter