Here now (9/1/18) and wow its low crowds!

orangecuse

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share!
We planned a VERY last minute day at MK before our cruise leaves Monday and it feels EMPTY!

We were able to fastpass Dumbo, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tea Cups, Pooh, and did small world standby in just 2 hours (9am-11am). Its been very easy to move around and ot seriously feels empty. This is all with a 1 year old by the way so we aren’t sprinting! We ate at the Plaza (yum) and walked right out to the parade starting and had the perfect view with seriously no one in front of us! We are napping now and heading back in later but I am so surprised for the Saturday of a holiday weekend. (I also think its a pretty good temperature but we live in the south so we are used to humid heat).

Just wanted to share!
We planned a VERY last minute day at MK before our cruise leaves Monday and it feels EMPTY!

We were able to fastpass Dumbo, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tea Cups, Pooh, and did small world standby in just 2 hours (9am-11am). Its been very easy to move around and ot seriously feels empty. This is all with a 1 year old by the way so we aren’t sprinting! We ate at the Plaza (yum) and walked right out to the parade starting and had the perfect view with seriously no one in front of us! We are napping now and heading back in later but I am so surprised for the Saturday of a holiday weekend. (I also think its a pretty good temperature but we live in the south so we are used to humid heat).
Just wanted to note the ‘parade’ you saw was Move It, Shake It - a street party.

The Festival of Fantasy parade runs at 2:00 today.

Yep sure! Thank you! Knew it had a different name just didn’t feel like looking it up hahaha

Have fun - enjoy the lower crowds! We were just there earlier this week (Aug 25-30) and it has been several years since we've been to Disney at this time so we had forgotten how great it is not having to worry so much about FP's and ride lines. The only thing we couldn't go on was FoP because that stayed consistently long whenever we looked. Otherwise, Slinky Dog was even doable Standby, many times only being 30 minutes.

The lines at the food booths were practically non-existent around lunch today. We walked right up to most of them.
Epcot was quite busy today with crowds, but the food stands weren’t anything outrageous. Just a lot of bodies moving around. I’m sure after this weekend and Monday everywhere will calm down some.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I've had good luck during this week in the past, and glad that it's still a quieter week. I will have to plan for a trip around August 30 next year.

Yep! My husband and I were amazed at how empty MK was yesterday when we were there from 7:30-1:00. I would never imagine Fantasyland could have so few people. Went to HS last night to try to do a little bit of Toy Story Land with the plan to finish it off tomorrow morning during EMH. We ended up riding everything (with RS for SDD and AS2) and having dinner at Woody's lunch box in 3 hours (that did include a FP for TSMM we picked up when we left MK.

Did AK this morning. Arrived at 7:30 and by 8:15 my husband was finished with FOP and kids and I had ridden Na'vi twice. We then did RS for FOP and were leaving Pandora at 9:00 after taking our time looking around, taking a break and such. Rode safari, Everest, Dinosaur with RS, and ate at Satuli all by 11:15. Went to MK from 12:30-3:30 today and it was definitely more crowded today than yesterday. Waits were long during that time and we ended up just canceling our last FP for BTMRR in favor of letting my son ride the train. Didn't have as much success here as yesterday in terms of number of rides ridden but that was partly on us as we just didn't have a great plan and were too hot to wait in lines. We just walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere. But the crowds today were more in line what we are used to and still less than I would expect for a Saturday of a holiday weekend so it wasn't upsetting, just different than yesterday.

Tomorrow we are going to HS for EMH then to EPCOT for the morning and MK tomorrow evening after a break. I am interested to see what crowds are like tomorrow.

We got back in the park around 2:30 and were able to FP Dumbo, then FP HM, do the carousel, eat some flatbread at Pinnochios, do tea party standby (10 mins maybe?), FP Pooh, FP Jungle cruise, and be done just a touch after 6. There was definitely a shortage of fastpasses from 3:30-4:30 but then it lightened back up (people leaving for dinner or hopping to Epcot maybe?). Felt very light again by the time we left!

We just arrived this morning. Got to the Poly around 9:15 and headed over to MK and got in several things before we got our room location text. It was busy, but it definitely was manageable. We have a PPO ADR at Garden Grill in the morning, so I'll be interested to see how the crowds are at Epcot.

We got back in the park around 2:30 and were able to FP Dumbo, then FP HM, do the carousel, eat some flatbread at Pinnochios, do tea party standby (10 mins maybe?), FP Pooh, FP Jungle cruise, and be done just a touch after 6. There was definitely a shortage of fastpasses from 3:30-4:30 but then it lightened back up (people leaving for dinner or hopping to Epcot maybe?). Felt very light again by the time we left!

This is great to hear! We were searching for FP in the 2:30-3:30 time frame and pickings were slim. Hopefully this is the luck we have tomorrow night.

Just wanted to share!

Agreed, we love this time of year to visit!!! We checked in Aug 28 and it’s been great so far for us as well. A lot of FP+ availability and ease of moving around the parks.

Crowds really drop off after Labor Day. This weekend and next week will probably be the slowest of the year. Everyone is back in school and all the people doing last minute Aug trips are gone and getting ready for school next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter