Here now--a few random things I am noticing

I run a business and the women's bathrooms start the day spotless, I have a great janitorial woman...she cleans them every hour, and
they get gross, fast. The mens she cleans twice a day. Women throw toliet paper everywhere and, sorry, have explosive bowel movements. My biggest lol was when I went into the bathroom to wash ink off of my hands, one other woman was in the bathroom grunting and groaning. The smell was unbelievable...I tried to finish washing my hands, but she came out of the stall, and said, "It smells terrible in here!", knowing it was my business. I honestly could not help myself and said, "Well, you were in here before me and I just washed my hands, so?" But women do need to quit messing and then complain that businesses dont keep the bathrooms clean. Men do it!!!
But men don't use TP and 63% of the time don't wash their hands, leaving a cleaner looking bathroom!

Last edited:
6. In my opinion, Disney merchandise has plummeted in originally and quality. We have a collection of amazing 6inch plushes -- the Haunted Mansion Minnie and Mickey, Tower of Terror Goofy, all the muppets, Epcot originals from each country. Most of them are now generic and wrapped in baby blankets.

Anyone else remember when different shop carried different merch? You could hunt all day in all the shops and find all kids if different stuff. Only shops now that carry odd ball stuff is the Villains in Vogue and maybe Art of Disney.

DD19 doesn't have to be up and ready to leave for rope drop if she doesn't want to . She can meet us later and that makes EVERYONE happier. ;)

True except ours then complain about long lines and heat when they show up later in the day. When I tell them the mornings have short lines and are cooler they say tell me its just too early. Some of that is because it takes them 1 1/2 hours to get ready in the morning with shower, makeup (makeup when its hot and humid?) etc. We plan on leaving them and meeting up later. They'll still have fun.

I can vouch for the toilet water splash back. Those automatic flushers do splash and it's possible the person before you was unaware

We have lots of previous trips. Wandering around this time, here are a few random reflections.

1. Magicbands rule. We were at universal,for a few days. Didn't spring for Lanyards, and were juggling room keys, tickets, and express passes. Magicbands are awesome, even if you are staying offsite.

2. They don't sell Magicbands in the World of Disney store.

3. Restroom etiquette in the ladies room is non existent. There used to be a sign cutesy country restaurants posted that ended "be a sweetie, wipe the seatie." They ought to post those in every language in every stall.

4. Mt. Everest at night is the best ride in existence. The back seats are much better than the front seat. It is a walk on during Jumgle book. As soon as that finishes, it goes from 5 minutes to half an hour.

5. Last here in 2013. Could be random, but there are many fewer little girls who have been to the BBB than last time that I am seeing. And a lot of little girls happily walking around in princess dresses with hair of their own creations.

6. In my opinion, Disney merchandise has plummeted in originally and quality. We have a collection of amazing 6inch plushes -- the Haunted Mansion Minnie and Mickey, Tower of Terror Goofy, all the muppets, Epcot originals from each country. Most of them are now generic and wrapped in baby blankets.

7. When you are trying to drag 20 year olds around, the best solution is to leave them behind. DH and I left them napping and went back to AK and had a wonderful evening.

8. The sunset on the safari is the cheesiest thing ever. But I expected it over the whole Savannah and it isn't.

I totally agree with #3. I know some of it is from the flush splash but we just got back from 11 days at the world and I walked into more stalls that had yellow liquid on the seats then clear. In addition you can tell (usually) because from the flush the splatter is small and these were huge drops. There was toilet paper everywhere, the poor restroom attendants couldn't keep up in some of the restrooms because it was obvious that some people just didn't care to be courteous.

#4 Everest is amazing at night! My new absolute favorite. Totally different than during the day.

I could have written #6. We bought our 8yr old a toy from HS and that night in the car he asked to play with it. The minute we handed it to him he said it was broken (still in the box). We talked him into getting something else, without a button to make it move. This way it wasn't so easily broken. Not to mention the backpack we bought last year broke within two months and they refused to do anything about it. Quality is sub-par, it's all about quantity now.

OP here!

Re the restrooms, for the men reading along every woman who has been in a WDW restroom will testify that the issue isn't flush splash. The CMs should get hazard pay. And I have watched a bunch of moms with several little girls trying to manage multiple stalls and clean up toilet seats. I think WDW should launch a public education campaign with signs in the stalls asking people to clean up after themselves.

Re the 20 year old messy and sleepy princesses, we were in a room with them for 3 nights at the Hard Rock, and never again. I rent from owners at the Vistana, right off Disney property, and for 125 a night we have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Which is necessary for our sanity.

We are here for another week. And I have decided to go with the flow. Switched our lunches to dinners, and we will enjoy afternoons in air conditioned attractions, and late evenings in the parks. Very grateful for FP+, which has gotten us on everything but FEA.

With the exception that Monday is my birthday, and my present is that everyone gets up, and no one is allowed to complain.

But men don't use TP and 63% of the time don't wash their hands, leaving a cleaner looking bathroom!
Actually, that is not true....I approve supply orders, men use more soap than women. We hsve urinals and stalls for men. I worked in retail management for 29 years. Believe me, women are dirtier and created more messes then men in bathrooms. I think men save what I call "big business" for home and women do that in public. Women also pee in fitting rooms. Thats why most fitting rooms have tile floors versus carpet. In 15 years at a major national department store, not once did a man pee in a fitting room. Happened at least 3 times a week in the womens fitting rooms. Im a woman, btw...this grosses me out.

Actually, that is not true....I approve supply orders, men use more soap than women. We hsve urinals and stalls for men. I worked in retail management for 29 years. Believe me, women are dirtier and created more messes then men in bathrooms. I think men save what I call "big business" for home and women do that in public. Women also pee in fitting rooms. Thats why most fitting rooms have tile floors versus carpet. In 15 years at a major national department store, not once did a man pee in a fitting room. Happened at least 3 times a week in the womens fitting rooms. Im a woman, btw...this grosses me out.
Interesting, but I was quoting actual facts about handwashing in public restrooms. Men have urinals, no paper, shake twice and out the door. No mess 'cuz no paper used.
As a nurse in an adult education environment, I teach handwashing. Trust me, there may be more soap bought, but they aren't scrubbing for 20 seconds, rinsing, and drying.
BTW 40% of women don't wash hands either.
:confused3
You can lead 'em to water, but you can't make them wash!
But I agree, women's restrooms at Disney are atrocious! I touch nothing, wash well, dry, and then use hand sanitizer, and I still feel unclean when walking out!

That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard :mad: What kind of person are you that you'd pee on the floor in a store??? Under no circumstance would I do that no matter how bad I have to go. And yes I'm aware some people have illnesses and disabilities that prohibit them from being able to control this all the time but I don't think that's what this poster is talking about. Absolutely vulgar and more sickening than the nastiness I've seen in women's public restrooms!!

Pet peeve: the squatter/hoverers are terrified of sitting in someone else's mess and catching something off the porcelain, so they squat, they miss, they leave the very mess they were afraid of encountering, and then they don't clean it up because their hand might touch the porcelain and catch something.

RUDE! Under the guide of being sanitary, the dirtiest/sanctimonious women out there. And, has anyone really ever caught a disease off a toilet?

Pet peeve: the squatter/hoverers are terrified of sitting in someone else's mess and catching something off the porcelain, so they squat, they miss, they leave the very mess they were afraid of encountering, and then they don't clean it up because their hand might touch the porcelain and catch something.

RUDE! Under the guide of being sanitary, the dirtiest/sanctimonious women out there. And, has anyone really ever caught a disease off a toilet?
Doubtful, but still the myth persists!

When I was in first grade, our class took a field trip to take a ride on the train. And to prepare for that trip, we all made our own.....wait for it...toilet seat covers to take along!

Which are available in abundance in every WDW restroom.

Every time I'm washing my hands in the bathroom, and a man leaves without washing his hands, I'm like...

CHZfvp3.gif

Then, I'm all...

w8wut.gif

Finally, I resolve with...

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-gif.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter