• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now and having a blast

bostonsnana

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Just wanted to say how wonderful everything is going. POR is so beautiful but please be prepared for lots of walking! Parks look pristine. Scrims are down on main street. Turrets still behind scrims. Crowds aren't too bad and weather isn't either. So far, so good ! And photopass is worth every penny!

Yay! Glad you're having a great time!

If you happen to notice any Cinderella carriage popcorn buckets, could you please post? It would be greatly appreciated!

We're arriving tomorrow, prepared for busy season and high temps but really looking forward to it as our trip in April was cut short due to a family emergency. I just want a relaxing trip to the WDW with no problems, is that too much to ask? Lol

Hi all! Just wanted to say how wonderful everything is going. POR is so beautiful but please be prepared for lots of walking! Parks look pristine. Scrims are down on main street. Turrets still behind scrims. Crowds aren't too bad and weather isn't either. So far, so good ! And photopass is worth every penny!

Glad you are having a good time. :D I thought POR was beautiful, too

We're arriving tomorrow, prepared for busy season and high temps but really looking forward to it as our trip in April was cut short due to a family emergency. I just want a relaxing trip to the WDW with no problems, is that too much to ask? Lol

I hope you have a fun and relaxing trip. :goodvibes

Happy to hear the Main Street scrims are down! I'd love for the turrets to be uncovered next week, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm so glad you're having a great trip so far!! Tell Mickey I'm coming for him in 6 days!!

I'm with you!:)

Arriving Friday just coming out of a family emergency!

Here's to 2 relaxing trips!!!!

Power on and have fun

Have a wonderful time! We are staying at POR for the first time in September, glad to hear it is lovely. When you say lots of walking do you mind me asking if you are in a Garden view or what kind of room you have? Thanks so much.

We will be arriving on Thursday. Maybe the disers will outnumber the tour groups. Enjoy your vacations everyone and hope for good weather.

Glad you are having a great time! POR is my "home" resort, I just love it there! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

We have been here since Saturday and everything has been great so far! July 4th at MK was actually very manageable. Late afternoon storms cleared prime firework viewing areas. We grabbed a spot in the wishes fast pass area 1hr before show time without a problem. Of course getting out of the park was a mess but thought Disney did the best they could with the crowds. Overall Disney seemed very well prepared for the crowds with cast members everywhere in the parks bottle neck areas throughout the day directing traffic. We were expecting very heavy crowds but found the day very pleasant and a good start to the trip.

Overall very pleased with the parks so far. Friendly cast members and not nearly as heavy crowds as we were expecting for a holiday week. It has been HOT but afternoon storms actually cool the air down instead of making it humid.

One rough note though is the WDW buses. We literally had one bus driver get lost on the way back to our hotel Sunday night. It took almost an hour driving to get from MK to Kidani Village. We passed the Tower of Terror sign 3 times! I felt so bad for those standing on that crowded bus. Also, this morning it took over 30 minutes for our bus to Epcot to arrive at the resort. We almost missed our breakfast with the princesses in Norway because of it. Thankfully we made it just in time. The most frustrating thing while waiting for our Epcot bus was that we literally saw two of every other bus and even three DTD buses (granted two of those DTD buses literally pulled up to the bus stop at the SAME TIME, what the heck????) Oh well, everything worked out so no harm no foul, just not the best way to start off the morning.

Finally, our walk to our room at Kidani is LONG! Our fitbits have marked a trip from our room to the lobby and back as 1/2 a mile! At least it is air conditioned and we have no problem reaching 10,000 steps a day! We have a song to keep us entertained though...

100 more rooms to go before ours, 100 more rooms to go...we pass one now and give it a frown...99 more rooms to go before ours...

Have a wonderful time! We are staying at POR for the first time in September, glad to hear it is lovely. When you say lots of walking do you mind me asking if you are in a Garden view or what kind of room you have? Thanks so much.
We have a pool view and it's fairly close to the food court but it's still quite a bit of walking.

We have been here since Saturday and everything has been great so far! July 4th at MK was actually very manageable. Late afternoon storms cleared prime firework viewing areas. We grabbed a spot in the wishes fast pass area 1hr before show time without a problem. Of course getting out of the park was a mess but thought Disney did the best they could with the crowds. Overall Disney seemed very well prepared for the crowds with cast members everywhere in the parks bottle neck areas throughout the day directing traffic. We were expecting very heavy crowds but found the day very pleasant and a good start to the trip.

Overall very pleased with the parks so far. Friendly cast members and not nearly as heavy crowds as we were expecting for a holiday week. It has been HOT but afternoon storms actually cool the air down instead of making it humid.

One rough note though is the WDW buses. We literally had one bus driver get lost on the way back to our hotel Sunday night. It took almost an hour driving to get from MK to Kidani Village. We passed the Tower of Terror sign 3 times! I felt so bad for those standing on that crowded bus. Also, this morning it took over 30 minutes for our bus to Epcot to arrive at the resort. We almost missed our breakfast with the princesses in Norway because of it. Thankfully we made it just in time. The most frustrating thing while waiting for our Epcot bus was that we literally saw two of every other bus and even three DTD buses (granted two of those DTD buses literally pulled up to the bus stop at the SAME TIME, what the heck????) Oh well, everything worked out so no harm no foul, just not the best way to start off the morning.

Finally, our walk to our room at Kidani is LONG! Our fitbits have marked a trip from our room to the lobby and back as 1/2 a mile! At least it is air conditioned and we have no problem reaching 10,000 steps a day! We have a song to keep us entertained though...

100 more rooms to go before ours, 100 more rooms to go...we pass one now and give it a frown...99 more rooms to go before ours...
We've had hits and misses with the bus transportation as well. We've been using taxis for some of our resort to resort trips. The bus trips just take too long. We rode an hour to get to typhoon lagoon!

We are five days into our ten day trip. It just goes by so fast! But I sure am enjoying not having to get up and go 12 hours a day. It's not "now or never, it's whenever"! I'm very pleased with magic bands. Everything is much easier. So far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter