Here now! Any questions? - Edit: Home now!

AquaDame

DCL
We just checked in to miracosta harbor view for two nights and are waiting for the Easter show on the harbour to start. No way I'm letting this view go to waste. ;) Is there anything you'd like me to check on when we go into Disney Sea tonight? We're having dinner at Magellans! Can't wait!

We just checked in to miracosta harbor view for two nights and are waiting for the Easter show on the harbour to start. No way I'm letting this view go to waste. ;) Is there anything you'd like me to check on when we go into Disney Sea tonight? We're having dinner at Magellans! Can't wait!

Can you post pictures of your hotel room view please? I'd love to see it

question - for Fastpasses, is the return time observed? Or can you come back anytime after the initial time.

I'm pretty sure it's observed. They might allow some leeway for foreigners due to politeness and not wanting to make a scene, but they do check the times and they enforce the "start" time, so I assume they enforce the "finish" time.

Yeah, if you're willing to press back and be "that foreigner" there is some leeway but Japan is fast and hard with rules usually. I accidentally didn't catch when the lady in tower of terror asked for no pictures and she took the time to single me out and have me put it away. They also passed out little slips of paper when I went to purchase my Stella Lou doll that said you could have three of each item - the woman at the counter asked in Japanese if I understood and I guess my 'wakarimasu!' Was too gentle because she had me read the whole thing and say I understood a few more times before she rang me up. It was weird... and awkward. I've actually run into MORE issues with English here than during the rest of our trip including during check in. Even the manager that was called over to translate my question of is the room ready now or do we need to wait had a hard time understanding me.

I did see people being let on to journey to the center of the earth at 10:02pm when the park closed at 10 so I do think there is a little leeway, but would never plan on using fast passes later. That's not how the system is supposed to work. I'd ask politely if I was 5-10 min late, but only if we really do miss our window. I love Japan, and part of that is how fair it is. Everyone follows the rules and cleans up after themselves and is polite so their neighbor can have fun. It's soooo nice and different from the US parks in that way. Much less bullying!

If staying at Miracosta & Disneyland Hotel, are there any cheaper places to eat breakfast? The hotel buffets are expensive and I want to eat something quick to get in line for the Happy 15.

There is a small supermarket at Ikspiari (aka Downtown Disney) along with other small food shops. You could grab some breakfast items and eat them in your room before heading to the parks.

I love Japan, and part of that is how fair it is. Everyone follows the rules and cleans up after themselves and is polite so their neighbor can have fun. It's soooo nice and different from the US parks in that way. Much less bullying!

All so very true!

If staying at Miracosta & Disneyland Hotel, are there any cheaper places to eat breakfast? The hotel buffets are expensive and I want to eat something quick to get in line for the Happy 15.

Miracosta was a bust... they only had cup noodles and one type of canned coffee at the store in the hotel. Disneyland hotel had a full convenience store in the bottom floor that had all kinds of pastries, onigiri, and sandwiches. Lots of drink options too. It's all about 2x as much as the other convenience stores in Japan but for the convenience a 150 yen item being 300 or so didn't bug us. If you get there right before the park opens like we did there won't be a great selection as stuff sells out (learned that the hard way!!)

IMG_7981.JPG We really enjoyed our room at DLH btw, we had a fantastic room location and view there too. Miracosta shows room 4321 & this view is from 8552 at the DLH. It was a grand Park view double.

They've also changed the pin they give out if you present three monorail day passes... it is no longer the Mickey in the Mickey shaped handle. It's now a gold one of the clock face... it's not nearly as cute, but I already had bought the passes. I tried to turn them in on the 13th but they said the promo was over and would start a new one on the 15th. Since I had to go back anyway I got to buy some 34th anniversary mercy from bon voyage, gee darn!

Last edited:
How are the cherry blossoms looking? We're going this time next year (2 of us second trip, 2 newcomers)
Weather been warm enough? I'm hoping to only have to wear sweaters at night lol
See any of the Duffy/Shellie May sweaters still in stock? Or those famous, mash up patterned shirts (with Tangled/BATB on them?) lol
Hope your having a blast!! Those hotel views are amazing!

How are the cherry blossoms looking? We're going this time next year (2 of us second trip, 2 newcomers)
See any of the Duffy/Shellie May sweaters still in stock? Or those famous, mash up patterned shirts (with Tangled/BATB on them?) lol

I just got back from a trip to Tokyo and Kyoto April 2-11 -- the cherry blossoms were out in full force and beautiful! The weather was great too, with highs in the high 60s/low 70s. I didn't see any of the Duffy or Shellie May sweaters or mash-up shirts. There was a lot of seasonal merchandise for Easter though!

Miracosta was a bust... they only had cup noodles and one type of canned coffee at the store in the hotel. Disneyland hotel had a full convenience store in the bottom floor that had all kinds of pastries, onigiri, and sandwiches. Lots of drink options too. It's all about 2x as much as the other convenience stores in Japan but for the convenience a 150 yen item being 300 or so didn't bug us. If you get there right before the park opens like we did there won't be a great selection as stuff sells out (learned that the hard way!!)

Thanks AquaDame & Agent 86 for the info!

OT, but how is the sakura???

Oh, they were PERFECT the first week! We arrived April 2nd in Tokyo and stayed until the 6th when we went to Osaka. They were almost at maximum bloom but certainly looked fully blossomed to us! The picnics were all over the parks and parties were in full swing in the evenings - Ueno had some impressive piles of garbage tbh, but for being completely trashed everyone was well behaved and cleaned up their messes very well. It was all draged to designated areas. I took pics if you want to see it... I tend to take pics of everything. ^^;; Kyoto/Osaka were hitting their full bloom by the time we got there (April 6th-10th) and although we hit Mt Yoshino for a day trip (April 9th) a couple days before they were fully open it was still gorgeous. By the time we were back in Tokyo on the 13th the trees were in blizzard mode with petals falling all over... we timed it perfectly, though I think they said it was a little early this year. In the end, its going to be down to luck and where all you are going.

The weather was mostly warm! It got up to high 60s in the day, and just a sweatshirt was perfect for nights. Our first full day on the 12th was very cold and rainy though - I used mittens and my husband had on a hat. The rest of the time we couldn't even manage wearing a coat. I was impressed with how all the locals were still in long sleeves every day... many even keeping their coats on over it. I tried my darndest to not be the tourist in a t-shirt but gave in at the hottest parts. ^^;

I did not see any of the Duffy or Shellie May shirts, I'm sorry. It was mostly Easter shirts and the bright Mickey head sweatshirt and Mickey heads with rides T-shirts. I did see a little mermaid mash up t-shirt also.

I spent 11 to 13 April at Disneyland.

The first day was cold and raining. It didn't get above 7 degrees (which is cold for this Aussie) and it rained all day until around 9pm. It was double layers, gloves and beanie / hoodie weather.

The next two days were very warm during the day, jeans and tees, but could get quite cool at night, especially standing in the strong wind to watch the evening shows.

I did not see any Duffy jumpers for sale, but lots of people were wearing them. The mashup shirts we saw included Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and maybe Beauty and the Beast from memory. I'm not certain as they're a little loud for my taste.

As for cherry blossoms, we have found them to be great. We visited a few places around Tokyo before Disneyland and they all looked great, although Ueno Park wasn't worth a visit. Shinjuku park, which has a small entrance fee, was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter