Here now, at Pop Century! Ask away!

ekidwell0001

Going "home" on a yearly basis!
I appreciate everyone posting answers and doing things on their vacation for the rest of us that live vicariously through the year. I'd like to do the same! If you have any questions I can help with let me know! My DH and I are here with my mom until 9/23. We got in yesterday, so we've been to HS and MK so far. Hope this helps!

I’ll start with the obvious ones:
How’s the weather?
How’s the crowds?
Any great stand out dining spots you’ve been to?

Thank you and have a great trip?

We were at Pop at end of July, and the beds were veeeery comfortable. And we had a tub/shower combo.
I did not expect to enjoy pop as much as I did and would stay again in a heartbeat- Loved It!

I’ll start with the obvious ones:
How’s the weather?
How’s the crowds?
Any great stand out dining spots you’ve been to?

Thank you and have a great trip?
Hi Kappyfamily! The weather has been great. Friday was extremely hot and so humid, but yesterday was in the high 80's, a shower for maybe 20 minutes, then it felt so much better! The crowds have been really weird, much lighter in the morning and early afternoon, yesterday evening really picked up, but it could also be that it was a Saturday, and lots of locals were here? Lastly, we've eaten at 50's prime time and ohana so far! 50's was delicious, but you could definitely tell they are cutting portions back... I got the sampler trio with no meatloaf, double pot roast, and it had maybe 10 green beans and 3 baby carrots as the side. Very tasty, but disappointing. Ohana was delicious as ever and we were stuffed!

We are staying at POP next month for our Food and Wine trip. How comfortable is the new bedding? Thanks and have a great time!
Hi soccermom54! The bed is "okay" to us. We're in the 60's, building 5 and to me is a bit firm, but I also have a memory foam mattress at home so I'm not used to this!

We will be staying at POP for the first time next August. I'm excited but a bit nervous. We've never stayed at a value before. It was the bed size and comfort that always held me back. How cramped is the room when the 2nd bed is down? We are used to a king bed. So, when we go on vacation, we each get our own bed. It's weird I know, but it works for us. Our children will be in, hopefully, an adjoining room. Or at least next door to us. They will be 20 and 16.

Hi Kappyfamily! The weather has been great. Friday was extremely hot and so humid, but yesterday was in the high 80's, a shower for maybe 20 minutes, then it felt so much better! The crowds have been really weird, much lighter in the morning and early afternoon, yesterday evening really picked up, but it could also be that it was a Saturday, and lots of locals were here? Lastly, we've eaten at 50's prime time and ohana so far! 50's was delicious, but you could definitely tell they are cutting portions back... I got the sampler trio with no meatloaf, double pot roast, and it had maybe 10 green beans and 3 baby carrots as the side. Very tasty, but disappointing. Ohana was delicious as ever and we were stuffed!
Good to hear about Ohana, it’s always been a favorite but people have been blasting it lately.
Thank you for your thoughts! Enjoy!

i want to know if every room is walkin shower or do i have to request it. at the pop.

Hi Disneyworldsk! We actually had a bad experience checking in to a room that wasn't serviced yet, so we've seen 2 different rooms! The first was a tub/shower combo and the room we are in now has just the stand up shower. If that's something important to you I would definitely request it because I'm not sure how you get either one? We're in the same building, same floor, just a different room and saw one of each

We will be staying at POP for the first time next August. I'm excited but a bit nervous. We've never stayed at a value before. It was the bed size and comfort that always held me back. How cramped is the room when the 2nd bed is down? We are used to a king bed. So, when we go on vacation, we each get our own bed. It's weird I know, but it works for us. Our children will be in, hopefully, an adjoining room. Or at least next door to us. They will be 20 and 16.
Hello Haygar2! I have to say there is definitely less room when the second bed is down, but both beds are now queens! So with that addition and the furniture that holds the coffee maker and fridge it does cramp the room a bit. DH and I are also used to a king bed, but if you could still be comfortable in a queen and keep the Murphy bed up, you definitely have more room! If it was just the two of us we'd have plenty of space.

Hi Disneyworldsk! We actually had a bad experience checking in to a room that wasn't serviced yet, so we've seen 2 different rooms! The first was a tub/shower combo and the room we are in now has just the stand up shower. If that's something important to you I would definitely request it because I'm not sure how you get either one? We're in the same building, same floor, just a different room and saw one of each

I requested one of the shower only rooms for my trip last month and it was my only request. I got one, and really prefer the shower only to the tub/shower combo. It would be nice if it was a bookable category like at Copper Creek for the studios. They are the same price, but you know for sure which configuration you are getting.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're having a great trip so far! How have the buses been and how is the noise level in the rooms? We're considering Pop for part of a split stay next summer, but have heard the walls are thin and you can clearly hear your neighbors- have you noticed this?

Can you ask if you can have a Shake or a Smoothie as your drink as part of your meal on the QS DDP?

Does anyone know if there will be Christmas themed refillable mugs?

Do you know if Pop is now letting people get snack in place of beverage on quick service meals?

Diane
Hi Diane, I'm not sure about an extra snack credit, but DH, mom and I have all used the QS meals here and gotten a dessert instead of a beverage. If that's your question then yes! You are good to go! Actually they both got a huge cup of fruit that counted for "dessert" as well!

Sounds like you're having a great trip so far! How have the buses been and how is the noise level in the rooms? We're considering Pop for part of a split stay next summer, but have heard the walls are thin and you can clearly hear your neighbors- have you noticed this?
Hey Stace1214! We are having an awesome trip, thank you! So far the only noises we're hearing are if someone drops something up above us or flushes the toilet. As far as talking e haven't heard anything. We are on the first floor though so I'm not sure if that would make a difference. As far as busses go my mom actually rented a car (she and my dad always did this, we lost him suddenly in January and she still wanted to keep the "tradition") so we've only used the bus once so far go MK and back. Going it was great, coming back even leaving while happily ever after was going on We only waited one turn for a bus and got a seat, though it was jam packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter