Here now, at Pop Century! Ask away!

which of the pools is your favorite?

I typically request 50’s section and use the bowling pin pool. I like it because it’s quieter and less busy then the main pool, however we noticed the temp in the main pool was cooler then the bowling pin yesterday and went to that one (it’s larger so the sun may need longer to heat it). All the pools are great though.

Sharpie everyone's initials on the bottoms? Write people's names on masking tape, and slap them on the sides?

You only need to keep them straight for the length of the trip. Actually, you may only need to keep them straight for the day. If you wash them out in the sink every night, does it really matter which cup goes with which person the next morning? I mean, at home people just drink from whichever cup is clean and in the cupboard, right?
We use different color mickey straws.

Thanks for taking time to post all the tips and answer questions. We are headed there in Nov for our first stay at Pop. This trip will just be my DH and I. Enjoy your trip!

Hi, we will be staying at Pop in March. It will be our first time there and we requested 50's section. Does the work on the Gondolas effect the view around the lake if you happen to have a lake view room? Is the bridge to AoA still accessible? Thanks and enjoy your trip.

Maybe you can answer this one for me. How would you compare the size of the room to POFQ?

I know the values are the smallest square footage but do you feel cramped in the room. Want to get a guage of room size compared to a moderate and/or AKL which is very small as well.

How much additional space does the telescoping rod give you in the closet? Is yours in working order, I've heard they are prone to be broken.

If you are still there, could you tell me if there is an outlet under the room window? I was thinking about putting Christmas lights in the window. Thanks.

Maybe you can answer this one for me. How would you compare the size of the room to POFQ?

I know the values are the smallest square footage but do you feel cramped in the room. Want to get a guage of room size compared to a moderate and/or AKL which is very small as well.
I actually have never stayed there, but my mom has. She said that POFQ was a little bit bigger, but the beds were stationary, so this does give more room when the Murphy bed is up. Hope this helps!

Hi, we will be staying at Pop in March. It will be our first time there and we requested 50's section. Does the work on the Gondolas effect the view around the lake if you happen to have a lake view room? Is the bridge to AoA still accessible? Thanks and enjoy your trip.
Hi!! We actually do not have a lake view nor a pool view, we're in the back of the sixties bldg 5. But I do think it would probably obstruct some of the view, the bridge is still open though!

How much additional space does the telescoping rod give you in the closet? Is yours in working order, I've heard they are prone to be broken.
Hi maxiesmom! The rod I would say is about 18 inches. It could hold quite a few garments, and it does come with hangers

If you are still there, could you tell me if there is an outlet under the room window? I was thinking about putting Christmas lights in the window. Thanks.
Hey there! Tonight is our last night and I just checked but there is not an outlet under the window. I have seen others with Halloween lights around their windows though, I suppose they just brought a small extension cord. The closest outlet would be where the coffee maker is

Hey there! Tonight is our last night and I just checked but there is not an outlet under the window. I have seen others with Halloween lights around their windows though, I suppose they just brought a small extension cord. The closest outlet would be where the coffee maker is

Thanks for checking. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

I mean, at home people just drink from whichever cup is clean and in the cupboard, right?

At home the dishes have been sanitized in the dishwasher. We don’t eat or drink after each other, and would want to keep mugs separate for the entire trip, even if they were washed in the sink each night. There’s no way the tap water is getting hot enough to sanitize them. Sharpies sound like a good solution.

The extended hanging rod wasn’t designed very well, in my opinion. The extension for the hanging rod really has about six inches or so of usable space. If you pull it out any farther it starts to become unstable. The first time we used one we had it pulled out about eight inches and it came completely out. We haven’t had that issue on subsequent stays when we only pull it out about six inches. I would have expected it to be much longer, since the rod it’s inside of is about 2 1/2 feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter