here now...horrible time with ART so far

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
We have had horrible luck with ART today I dont know if we are just so lucky that we just miss the bus everytime or what we have had to wait a good 20 mins each time...we will DEF be staying at Park Vue next time

Sorry to hear you're having bad luck with ART. :( I hope that once you get to the parks, though, you'll have a great time!

We tried using ART once - never again! The schedule is not a schedule. The drivers seem to take any route they like and skip any hotels they feel like. Then they are so crowded at the end of the day that you have to wait ages to get on one. I'd rather walk!

That sounds really frustrating. Hope things improve for the rest of your visit. The ART problem is one reason we like the CCI. Their private shuttle doesn't have to make any other stops and runs on time, every time.

You could always check out Uber if it gets to be too much. (I haven't used it in Anaheim but I loved it in Orlando.)

Augh. What line are you using? We are going to be on line 12 later this week and I figured it would be fine since there are only 4 stops including our hotel and disney!

I swore off of buses to DLR years ago. My first choice is to stay walking distance. If not, I'll drive and park before I take a bus. I don't like being on the bus schedule and I don't like trying to crowd on with everyone else.

Augh. What line are you using? We are going to be on line 12 later this week and I figured it would be fine since there are only 4 stops including our hotel and disney!
we are on line 1 maybe other lines might be better idk..we got lucky leaving after WoC and one was pulling up as we was getting there and it wasnt so full we had to wait on another one

The only buses I feel reliable are the CCI shuttle , Toy story shuttle and HYATT Regency from ones I've personally used.

Hyatt Regency runs out of PCA transportation but they only go to a few other hotels that also work with them and were very friendly our previous 4 night stay.

We almost exclusively stay walking distance now though and allow hotel rates to dictate our trips , but I know that's easier said than done with work and if applicable kids and school schedules .

We used ART twice before we were AP holders and before we knew about toy story lot ( we stayed at Marriott and walked lol) but it wasn't ideal I admit even then. Now I'm of the mindset I'll pay a few extra bucks for parking if necessary to be closer.

After 7 huge trips to WDW, the last thing I want to do at DL is wait for buses. I only rode ART once. It was when I had an AP but was at Ayers near the Honda Center for a work meeting. I waited 45 minutes for that bus, which took 15-20 to get to the park. And I never rode them again. I've read lots of good reviews, but one and only experience was lousy.

When we stay at Motel 6 we use ART and have never had an issue at all! So sorry it is not good for you. This is why we usually try to stay within walking distance, so we don't ever have to wait.

We've used ART a few times and I find it kind of a pain, but never had too horrible of an experience. We prefer to walk if possible, and find that many hotels are quite walkable, even those that aren't right across the street.

We used to love ART. A couple years ago or so they changed the routes and now we absolutely hate it. We have quit using it and now simply just end up walking.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, that always is a frustrating start. That is a big part of why I only want to stay on site. Hopefully you will have better luck for the rest of your trip!

We've also had good experiences with the ART service, picking it up from the Staybridge Suites / Holiday Inn Anaheim hotel area. Not also had too long to wait between buses either there or back, but the hotel is walkable from to DL in any case :)

I too hate ART used it during one trip and never again. From that trip on it was walk or drive.

I would walk to the Toy Story lot and take to the park. It will cut the walk by about half.

I too hate ART used it during one trip and never again. From that trip on it was walk or drive.

I would walk to the Toy Story lot and take to the park. It will cut the walk by about half.
we might try that some, it has been so hot these past 2 days it wouldnt have been a good option but might be now since it is suppose to cool off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter