• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrived at WDW yesterday around noon. Glad to finally be back at WDW after the long Covid wait! I’ve been EXTEMELY cautious during the pandemic and this was my first time traveling. We haven’t been in a grocery, eaten in restaurants (even outside), or done any recreational activities besides walking in the park since quarantine started. In our area, people just don’t care about the virus - masks 40% on a good day, people gathering for weddings and parties, etc. Spread right now in my county is 3x what is is in Orange County FL. I was VERY nervous about this trip.

Flew in early on Southwest, nonstop from Columbus. My airport experience was OK, not too scary, but I’m glad it was brief. In CBus, proper mask compliance was spotty (maybe 70%) and it was more difficult to physically distance at the gate due to another departure at the next gate. Once that flight boarded, there was plenty of room to spread out. I was glad to be wearing a KN95 mask and eye protection. Once on the plane, only 75 or the 175 available seats were filled, so distancing felt good. MCO actually felt less crowded than CBus, no trouble staying 6+ feet away from people 98% of the time, even at luggage claim.

Waited about 15 minutes for ME. Guests on ME were well spaced, but I still wore my KN95 and eye protection until we arrived at the Yacht Club around 11:45. Then I switched to sunglasses and a disposable surgical mask. Got my room ready text while on the bus right after crossing into WDW, Bonus!! After a quick spiff-up at the room, I headed out to Epcot!

Crowd levels at Epcot were, to me, perfect! Had no trouble distancing on the walkways. Visited four F&W booths — The longest lines I experienced were 5 people deep at Canada around 4:30, and four at France around 1:00. Brazil and Mexico had no line. I LOVE the ability to grab a quick bite and eat it outside! Never felt uncomfortable with the spacing of people who were eating with their masks down.

Around 5:00, the wait time at Soarin‘ showed 10 minutes, so I thought I’d take a chance. Walked straight through the queue, 15 feet away from anyone, into the boarding area. Our flight group had only nine people, all adults with 100% mask compliance. Thought that this was the greatest luck ever! Little did I know — Patrick was halfway through his spiel when the CM interrupted him and announced a cleaning cycle. Bummer! About 10-15 minutes later, she returned and said they were having problems with the theater. We were eventually moved to another boarding area and got on the ride after maybe 30 minutes total wait. Everyone in my group was great, but I could imagine that if people had started sitting down, removing their masks, and eating, it would have been very uncomfortable. Mental note to carry an extra KN95 and eye protection in case this happens again.

Exited Soarin’ and saw no wait at Living with the Land. Walked right on the boat there (no cleaning cycle, yay!). I got the front row, and one more party was seated a couple of rows behind me - that was it.

People are correct when they say there is no physical distancing at the ride exits. Both times I hung back and let everyone else exit first, and was able to keep comfortable distance that way.

After 6:00 Epcot basically petered out - the crowd thinned considerably. I grabbed a bite and a Smoked Mango Margarita at the Mexico booth, wandered around WS until 7:00, then headed back to YC.

Overall I would say it was a great day at Epcot! Enough people that it didn’t feel deserted, but plenty of space everywhere. Plenty of socially distant places to stop to eat and drink. Short wait times for rides around the dinner time hour (except for some bad luck at Soarin’). The only disappointment was that so many shops were closed - however the open shops were not busy at all, so I can understand why they all can’t be open. But I did have a great time, and have two more Epcot days planned this week thanks to the great distancing there.

As a side note, when I woke up yesterday morning at 4:00 am (yikes!) the wether forecast for Orlando was “heavy downpours, sometimes torrential” for most of the day. I ended up not seeing a drop of rain, just some welcome cloud cover and some lightning in the distance. The Skyliner was closed again most of the afternoon/early evening, but was open again by park close.

Visiting Epcot again today - will see if my luck holds out with the crowds and weather. Having a great time so far!

Thank you! We will head there. Four year old is finally tall enough to ride!

Agree with Test Track and in general any outdoor rides you want to hit get done first in the day - we had afternoon thunderstorms every day of our trip last week, they don't generally last long but the wait for them to move out of the 10-mile radius for the outdoor rides to safely operate is usually in total about 2 hours. Saved ourselves a lot of frustration/heartache in the Disney parks using this rule of thumb :)

So I have been reading through all these posts and I am very type A and like to have things written out. What I am finding is that most folks who haven’t had long waits for skyliner and bus have arrived to the skyline station and bus station about 2.5 hours before park opening if you want to rope drop/be in the parks early. So.. for current park hours:

HS: arrive to skyline station by 730am. Open at 10.
MK: arrive to bus station by 630am. Open at 9am
Epcot: arrive to skyline station by 830am. Open 11
AK: arrive to bus station by 630am. Open at 9am

I think it should be a requirement on this thread for each poster to define what they consider "busy" or "insane" or a "nightmare" in terms of crowds/wait times. The binary of exaggeration and understatement isn't helpful for an already anxious and on-edge fanbase 😅

I consider anything under 45 minutes reasonable, anything under 30 good, and anything 25 and under absolutely glorious. Based on that criteria, we found our trip last week to be very fun and pleasant :) Lots of walk-ons that had long posted wait times, and also lots of situations where we had to skirt a group of people on a walkway. At EPCOT on Friday for F&W and it was busy but the longest line we experienced for the booths was France around 5pm, we waited socially distanced behind about 10 people and it took probably about 10-15 minutes to get through at the booth - definitely not a miserable experience. The longest wait for a ride was 40 mins for Test Track because of a cleaning cycle but everything else was pretty much a walk on (Soarin' was maybe 15 minutes waiting for the previous show to start and then unload).

Also, there were plenty of spots to grab a table or a seat to enjoy your beverages/snacks. Having to walk 10 yards to find a table is not a miserable experience either.

I think another poster said it best - if you're expecting tumble weeds and empty parks, and for everything to be a walk-on, don't go. If you are frightened of someone coming within 6 feet of you in a gift shop or on a walkway, stay home. If you're spoiled by having to wait more than 5 minutes in a line, you're not going to like it. If, however, you pack your patience you will find a fun and relaxing trip waiting for you.
This is true perception makes such a difference. For my folks we find a wait of 20-35 mins (depending on the attraction) reasonable. Under 20, we're happy and ecstatic with under 5- 10 mins. Anything over 35 mins we start feeling as though it may not be worth it and can't imagine waiting truly and over an hr for anything. I'm not talking posted times, I mean real times. Again the attraction makes a difference as well. For example we're much more accepting of waiting 30 mins for Splash or Space, but would be pretty annoyed if we waited that long for Small World.

So I have been reading through all these posts and I am very type A and like to have things written out. What I am finding is that most folks who haven’t had long waits for skyliner and bus have arrived to the skyline station and bus station about 2.5 hours before park opening if you want to rope drop/be in the parks early. So.. for current park hours:

HS: arrive to skyline station by 730am. Open at 10.
MK: arrive to bus station by 630am. Open at 9am
Epcot: arrive to skyline station by 830am. Open 11
AK: arrive to bus station by 630am. Open at 9am
The buses were back to only running an hr before park open last week. - Was more like 1.5 hrs before over the long weekend. I wouldn't see a need to get to bus stop more than an hr and 15 mins prior to open now and we like to be as close to 1st in the park as possible lol

Looks like the millennium falcon was down all day. Is this correct? Seems like GE is having a lot of problems lately.

We’re headed there Friday, for just 1 day. Debating whether or not to reschedule our day from Hollywood Studios to another park.
Thoughts?

Looks like the millennium falcon was down all day. Is this correct? Seems like GE is having a lot of problems lately.

We’re headed there Friday, for just 1 day. Debating whether or not to reschedule our day from Hollywood Studios to another park.
Thoughts?
The falcon issue is rare, RotR goes down everyday, sometimes a lot sometimes a little, up to you what you want to do at the park

Went to HS today. Drove from AKV Kidani left at 9am and scanned into park at 9:48. Got ROTR boarding group 25. It was called at 1:50. We got in line at 2:10 and were on the ride at 3:00. Slinky dog said 70 minutes but was only 35. The Alien saucers said 45 minutes and it was only 10. We waited 90 minutes for MMRR at 12:30. Smugglers run was down all day.

I second this. We were at Pop and always one of the first, if not the first in line for the bus or skyliner. It was fine with us that the parks closed earlier, we went back to the hotel and went to sleep so we could get up early to start our day.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So how early did you line up for the skyliner or bus compared to the posted park hours?

Thanks for sharing your experience. So how early did you line up for the skyliner or bus compared to the posted park hours?
We tried to get to the skyliner around 7:30 am when DHS opened at 10:00. For AK we were 2nd in line around 6:20 am for the 8 am opening. For MK I think we got in line a little before 7 am for the 9 am opening.

I flew out of Atlanta a couple of weeks ago (on a Saturday) and was pleasantly surprised at social distancing and mask compliance. I had read posts that suggested otherwise. Of course, your mileage may vary at any time, but I would feel comfortable doing so again. I didn't fly into Orlando, so am wondering how that is going to be by November. Incidentally, I flew SW if that helps.

That's good to hear. I would either be on SWA through BWI or Delta through Atlanta. I feel like the people of Baltimore are taking wearing a mask more diligently.

Dhs waz a bit rough today. Falcon never opened. Waits at least 45 minutes for every ride staying at about 10:30 and lasting until after 2pm. MMRR went down a lot today too. There was at least an hour where all 3 news rides were down art the same time.

They really need to get the big shows up and running again.

I left Hollywood Studios today. I was there first thing this morning as well. I rode MMRR and Slinky by 10 am. I checked the app and saw that RNR was 45 and figured it was inflated until I got there. I decided to go to Starbucks and that line was spilling onto Sunset Blvd. I got off of the line and left. The lines for RNR and TOT were not socially distanced at all at 10:26 this morning. If you zoom in closely there's no markers under anyones feet. Most of the wait times were 60 or more for the better rides and the Star Wars Rides were down at that time. I've had a great week with the exception of Epcot on Saturday. Bring your patience for DHS :goodvibes

Attachments

• IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3355.JPG
    IMG_3355.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 130
I left Hollywood Studios today. I was there first thing this morning as well. I rode MMRR and Slinky by 10 am. I checked the app and saw that RNR was 45 and figured it was inflated until I got there. I decided to go to Starbucks and that line was spilling onto Sunset Blvd. I got off of the line and left. The lines for RNR and TOT were not socially distanced at all at 10:26 this morning. If you zoom in closely there's no markers under anyones feet. Most of the wait times were 60 or more for the better rides and the Star Wars Rides were down at that time. I've had a great week with the exception of Epcot on Saturday. Bring your patience for DHS :goodvibes
Yep. We watched the Mickey shorts, Mulan preview, and Muppets. More first thing and got group 9 for rise. Managed to ride TSM and aliens before our 3:30 droid appointment. We left after that mostly because my kids didn't want to carry their stuff the rest of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter