Just finished our HS day today. We took an uber to boardwalk around 7:00 and were at HS by 7:15 ish. Third group in line for the day. We waited until about 8:45 when they moved us to temp checks. There were probably 300+ people behind us at that point. We waited at temp check until about 9:00 and then they let us scan into the park and go through bag check. We booked it to MMRR right away and got on the second train of the day at 9:10 ish. We were off of MMRR by 9:15 ish and headed towards sunset boulevard. When we got to Tower of Terror it was a walk on. Off by 9:30. We then went to RR which we waited about 5-10 minutes. Off by 9:45. We then headed towards GE to be ready for MFSR. Got boarding group 11 for Rise and hopped right into MFSR. Waited about 25 minutes and were off by 10:30. Knocked out 4 of the biggest rides within 2 hours.

We then chilled out for a while. Rode Star Tours which was posted 45 but waited about 15, rode TSM which was posted 30 minutes and waited about 20. Got in line for muppets with a 30 min wait and waited about 45. It was our longest wait of the day.

By around 2 we were able to hop on rides again with shorter wait times. We hopped in line for Tower of Terror with a posted 30 minute wait and waited about 25. Rode TSM 4 times in a row with about a 10 minute wait each time. It was posted at 30. Rode Swirling Saucers in about 5 which was posted at 25.

By that point we were tired and just wanted to chill. We hung out until around 6:45 and hopped in line for Slinky Dog. Wait was posted 50 minutes and we waited about 30 minutes. Headed to skyliner to get back to Pop and waited about 15 minutes.

Overall it was amazing. The park seemed crowded, but the first two hours were crucial for us getting to knock so many things out without waits. We rode everything in the park, some more than once, and our longest wait all day was around 45 minutes.

MK tomorrow and we plan on ubering to contemporary to walk over for rope drop. Does anyone know if they're starting rides early at MK like they are at HS??

ps. shoutout to the disboards for the tips on how to do HS in the morning. It was amazing and couldn't have done it so well without reading this thread!!!!

Just finished our HS day today. We took an uber to boardwalk around 7:00 and were at HS by 7:15 ish. Third group in line for the day. We waited until about 8:45 when they moved us to temp checks. There were probably 300+ people behind us at that point. We waited at temp check until about 9:00 and then they let us scan into the park and go through bag check. We booked it to MMRR right away and got on the second train of the day at 9:10 ish. We were off of MMRR by 9:15 ish and headed towards sunset boulevard. When we got to Tower of Terror it was a walk on. Off by 9:30. We then went to RR which we waited about 5-10 minutes. Off by 9:45. We then headed towards GE to be ready for MFSR. Got boarding group 11 for Rise and hopped right into MFSR. Waited about 25 minutes and were off by 10:30. Knocked out 4 of the biggest rides within 2 hours.

We then chilled out for a while. Rode Star Tours which was posted 45 but waited about 15, rode TSM which was posted 30 minutes and waited about 20. Got in line for muppets with a 30 min wait and waited about 45. It was our longest wait of the day.

By around 2 we were able to hop on rides again with shorter wait times. We hopped in line for Tower of Terror with a posted 30 minute wait and waited about 25. Rode TSM 4 times in a row with about a 10 minute wait each time. It was posted at 30. Rode Swirling Saucers in about 5 which was posted at 25.

By that point we were tired and just wanted to chill. We hung out until around 6:45 and hopped in line for Slinky Dog. Wait was posted 50 minutes and we waited about 30 minutes. Headed to skyliner to get back to Pop and waited about 15 minutes.

Overall it was amazing. The park seemed crowded, but the first two hours were crucial for us getting to knock so many things out without waits. We rode everything in the park, some more than once, and our longest wait all day was around 45 minutes.

MK tomorrow and we plan on ubering to contemporary to walk over for rope drop. Does anyone know if they're starting rides early at MK like they are at HS??

ps. shoutout to the disboards for the tips on how to do HS in the morning. It was amazing and couldn't have done it so well without reading this thread!!!!

Thanks for the report! I saw someone post on FB today saying that they had been there like 4 hours and only got on two rides - and I'm like how is that even possible??? (they were complaining about how ridiculous it all was). Thanks for a more realistic perspective.

Also for Ubering to the Contemporary, do you plan on placing a mobile order to be let in?

Thanks for the report! I saw someone post on FB today saying that they had been there like 4 hours and only got on two rides - and I'm like how is that even possible??? (they were complaining about how ridiculous it all was). Thanks for a more realistic perspective.

Also for Ubering to the Contemporary, do you plan on placing a mobile order to be let in?
We were going to mobile order for boardwalk and they let us in without checking for one. Do you need to mobile order to get into the resort?

Yes but we saved over 3 hours worth of wait times in the park. We were able to get MMRR, Tower of terror, and Rockn Rollercoaster before the park even officially opened. I'd rather wait outside the park for a while than spend park hours in lines.

Especially when it is cooler in the mornings v. waiting in the afternoons in the blazing sun. Glad you had fun!

We were going to mobile order for boardwalk and they let us in without checking for one. Do you need to mobile order to get into the resort?

Reports have been hit or miss, with some people being checked. Appears to depend on who's working.

Is the exit to Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror pretty simple to wait at if you’re waiting for someone to get off? My 10 year old wants to ride both of these (I’m a wuss so I’ll sit them out!) in the morning so the plan is to go right over there at opening so he can ride both right away. Looks like that’s the best time for those right now wait time wise? Will it be easy enough for me to wait in line with him but decline to ride and wait at the exit? He rides Incredicoaster and Guardians at DLR by himself all the time but he likes me to wait in line with him and then I just hang by the exit until he’s done.

They are letting way too many people into HS, it was ridiculous today. They need to do something ASAP.
DHS was busy last week (Wed and Sat) but I felt MK was worse as far as feeling crowded and the wait times. MK was crowded and the lines were long and in the sun. If we had not arrived before official opening and accomplished a few things early, it would have been a truly miserable day of wait times in the sun. I truly feel bad for the people who have trips planned for the upcoming holidays. If Disney couldn't handle last week's fall break crowds, how are they going to handle the even larger holiday crowds?

Is the exit to Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror pretty simple to wait at if you’re waiting for someone to get off? My 10 year old wants to ride both of these (I’m a wuss so I’ll sit them out!) in the morning so the plan is to go right over there at opening so he can ride both right away. Looks like that’s the best time for those right now wait time wise? Will it be easy enough for me to wait in line with him but decline to ride and wait at the exit? He rides Incredicoaster and Guardians at DLR by himself all the time but he likes me to wait in line with him and then I just hang by the exit until he’s done.
Yep, easy for both of them. Like you said, wait in line with him and let the cast member know when you get to the boarding area.

It is absolutely possible and I would argue that person's version is the more realistic perspective of most visitors these days. Unless you read tips like the ones found here, you would be in for a very bad day at DHS right now. If you do not arrive an hour prior to posted opening, it is likely you will be waiting in long lines all day and even not accomplish everything. The vast majority of people going to Disney are not reading boards like these and arrive at posted opening when most lines are already 45+ minutes.

It is absolutely possible and I would argue that person's version is the more realistic perspective of most visitors these days. Unless you read tips like the ones found here, you would be in for a very bad day at DHS right now. If you do not arrive an hour prior to posted opening, it is likely you will be waiting in long lines all day and even not accomplish everything. The vast majority of people going to Disney are not reading boards like these and arrive at posted opening when most lines are already 45+ minutes.

Good point. I forget about the fact that we (DisBoarders) are small in number relative to the number of people visiting. So glad for these boards!

Day 2 was great!

we went to universal studios and I posted my report on the universal thread. We took an Uber from pop and it worked great.
On the Disney side of things we went to springs this evening. Bus from pop was super smooth except the driver filled in seats. I don’t think he was suppose to but he did. Arrived at Disney springs. It’s busy there. Very long line for workd of Disney, however it moved super fast. Had earl of sandwich which was very good. Really no complaints about Disney springs. It’s busy there but not overwhelmingly so.

the biggest thing for me was transportation back. The pop century bus line was very long. However they sent lots of buses and even though the line was very long we didn’t wait very long.

once back at pop and I went to the shop. They DO have disposable masks for sale there. I got some as those are hubbys preferred masks.

tomorrow is Hollywood studios!

Just like any other time visiting Disney, it’s time again to have a plan in place before you begin.

I remember helping a friend make a plan for her family’s March Break trip probably 10 years ago. On their MK day her brother and his family decided to go rogue and do it their own way. When they got together at the end of the day, he and his family were grumbling as they’d only gone on 4 rides whereas my friend and her family had done 14!!

Same Park. Exact same hours. 4 in each party. The main difference in their experiences was having a plan vs no plan.
Today it’s different with online wait times etc but Going in with some sort of plan (even if it’s start here and go clockwise or, check wait times) a plan is a huge help! And, flexibility to change that plan as needed.

I agree. The pp had a remarkable day...but definitely not the norm or what most, especially those not on the disboards, would call realistic. For starters they paid for an uber to take them to a resort within walking distance of the park...3 hrs before posted opening. I'm happy for the pp, but we're pretty experienced guests and were there last week and had a VERY different experience.

I truly feel bad for the people who have trips planned for the upcoming holidays. If Disney couldn't handle last week's fall break crowds, how are they going to handle the even larger holiday crowds?
I am one of those people. Our park days are Dec 18-23. I've never been at such a high-demand time before. I'm learning everything I can so that I can be as prepared as possible. But I've told my family to expect to stand in a lot of lines. I hope we can still have a good time.

What restaurants are folks mobile ordering from at Boardwalk? I have 7:50 ADR at Trattorio on a Saturday when the park opens at 10. Debating on whether to cancel if I can do mobile order instead. A 7:50 ADR won’t put me ahead of the crowd, but back and forth on whether that even matters this trip. Back in March I Ubered to HS really early. (Before sunrise.) Still never got a BG and it took 7 hours to do 4 rides. That’s with a FP for MMRR...
I just don’t know if it’s worth the hustle and bustle. Sounds nicer at times just to enjoy breakfast and a casual stroll to HS. As long as I’m there by 10 to try for BG is what I’m thinking ...

I was at MK on Tuesday morning and they opened the park 30 mins early. 7DMT was running and a walk-on first thing; however, I was one of the first to enter the park and walk fast. I managed to ride 7DMT twice before the official 9am opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter